LCD PROJECTOR QUESTION

hackerzc
Org Profile

LCD PROJECTOR QUESTION

Post by hackerzc » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:46 am

Ok well I'm looking into getting an LCD multimedia projector to replace my monitor (I am fully aware of the price so you know). Anyway what I am trying to find out is exactly what is the difference with ANSI lumens. I understand that it is a standard measurment of brightness, but I need to know how one number compares to another. Like, 65 watt bulb is rated at X while the sun is rated at Y. A chart or something that shous the range between a few things. That way I can accuratly choose a projectore with the proper ANSI lumens for the job.
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

klinky
Org Profile

Re: LCD PROJECTOR QUESTION

Post by klinky » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:06 am

hackerzc wrote:Ok well I'm looking into getting an LCD multimedia
projector to replace my monitor
That's a terrible idea. Maybe it could replace your TV, but not your monitor. Good luck trying to read text and your freaking head is going to get in the way all the time. :\

~klinky

hackerzc
Org Profile

Re: LCD PROJECTOR QUESTION

Post by hackerzc » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:09 pm

klinky wrote:
hackerzc wrote:Ok well I'm looking into getting an LCD multimedia
projector to replace my monitor
That's a terrible idea. Maybe it could replace your TV, but not your monitor. Good luck trying to read text and your freaking head is going to get in the way all the time. :\

~klinky
Well like I said, I was only looking into it. Besides it will be 2 years before I could act on it.
How about using a nice big 52" HDTV that excepts digital input for a monitor?

The whole point it to get super good quality in a HUGH size screen. Screw the cost. I have two years to save for this.
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Return to “Hardware Discussion”