HDTV recommendations?

blaku92
Org Profile

HDTV recommendations?

Post by blaku92 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:58 pm

At the moment, I'm too cheap to afford a nice HDTV, but soon that will change. I'd like to get the biggest screen with the best visual quality. I've heard from everyone that Sony and Samsung LCD screens are the best, but I noticed they have a nasty screen-door effect/pixelated look if too much motion is occurring. DLP seems to look alright, but I worry about it's rainbow effect. Is there something out there that's big (but still flat screen) and beautiful? Maybe a projector? Does something better exist or am I stuck with these technologies. Feel free to post a link that may lead me in the right direction to learning more about this stuff. -- oh and what do you own? Are you happy with it? Thanks!

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:31 pm

The Rezga line of Toshiba LCDs are supposed to be pretty top-end
Sharp (aquos), Sony (bravia) , Samsung are also good (LG gets props from me too)

I haven't looked into Plasma that much, but if you can find yourself a Pioneer set they're really good.

I notice interlacing and the like a lot more on lcd screens than on crts, so it might just be something that will always be there. Some models list a response time, and if you start getting much over 8ms chances are that you'll notice ghosting (kinda like blending) in scenes with lots of action. 12ms might be alright, but you probably won't run into that too much in the price range you're looking.

best thing to do is to read reviews, newegg is a good place for that

32" bravia is doing good for me

blaku92
Org Profile

Post by blaku92 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 am

Cool thanks. I guess I'll check out newegg.

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

Return to “Hardware Discussion”