zarx264gui import video issue

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
prYzm
Org Profile

zarx264gui import video issue

Post by prYzm » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:50 am

so im trying to put my uncompressed avi into zarx, ive tried using a avs script or letting zarx264gui do it for me but both times come up with this error

ive used the program before with no problems and this is the first time ive had anything like this. my only thoughts on problems are that i recently installed a 64 bit operating system and that may be the issue. (previously was running 32 bit) anyone have any ideas?

prYzm
Org Profile

Re: zarx264gui import video issue

Post by prYzm » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 am

sorry for double post, cant edit in these forums - i can import the audio fine (i exported separately) i also tried uninstalling zarxgui and reinstalling as well as updating my .net framework to the latest version, neither seemed to help

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:12 am

Seems like some sort of avisynth error.

Try saving your uncompressed video to a lossless codec like huffyuv or lagarith, then try loading that.

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:41 pm

sorry should have pointed out, i was putting a lagarith into the zarxgui. with the avs script ive tried it with directshowsource and default, neither made a difference - same error each time. eventually i just installed zarxgui onto my 32bit xp virtual machine and it worked fine there for the conversion but the 64bit windows 7 os doesnt seem to like the program.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:19 am

Might need a 64bit version of x264. Just get the latest build from here. It's updated quite often, though, so keep that in mind.

Also, with the zarx264gui, you'd end up using mbtree since it's on by default, but on anime, especially those that have a lot of gradients, it's not really that good if you want to achieve max quality without bitrate limits.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:34 pm

mirkosp wrote:Might need a 64bit version of x264. Just get the latest build from here. It's updated quite often, though, so keep that in mind.
No. That's definitely not it. That won't work at all.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
mirkosp wrote:Might need a 64bit version of x264. Just get the latest build from here. It's updated quite often, though, so keep that in mind.
No. That's definitely not it. That won't work at all.
Yeah... looking back again at what the issue was, I feel stupid now... the issue is with the importing not with the encoding. :sweat:
Well... I'm honestly clueless then, especially since it works with the virtual machine. :?

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Does the script work by itself in Windows Media Player? If it doesn't, it won't work anywhere else either.

Some causes for that:
Media Foundation priority conflicts
No YUV codec for output (can be fixed by using ffdshow to decode raw video or by using the Helix YUV codecs)
Mixing 32-bit and 64-processes (probably the least likely but I'm just running through every issue that comes to mind)

Or it could be none of those. The Media Foundation issue is a good explanation of why it works in XP and not in Win7, as Media Foundation was introduced in Vista (although most complaints surrounding it occur from its heightened control in Win7).
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:34 pm

ok so now im getting a different error on import, i still cant access via win 7 but i figured with my VM it should be fine, however this started happening

ive gone and downloaded the configuration tools for .net framwork v2.xxxx (the one i have cant remember #) but im not really sure on how to use it to fix the problem. anyone can help?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 am

Wait, 1.0? There are more recent versions of the gui: http://amvhell.com/stuff/zarx264gui/
The first one was really buggy.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”