MKV/MP4 issues + additional

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
GoodGuyBulat
Org Profile

MKV/MP4 issues + additional

Post by GoodGuyBulat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:52 pm

Hello!

I am currently working on an AMV for 'Free!'. However, the footage files I attained were originally .mkv, so I went to the effort of converting them to .mp4 using Handbrake (I made sure that the codec was compatible). The issue that arises is that the footage now stutters (back and forth) which is quite problematic. :(

So, I ask, does anyone know a solution to the stuttering issue?

Danke! :D

[GloryQuestor: Edited to remove source inquiry. In the future, please refrain from asking members where to obtain illegally downloaded footage of anime or music sources. Thank you.]

8bitcritr
Org Profile

Re: MKV/MP4 issues + additional

Post by 8bitcritr » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm

The only solution I can think of is to either set the conversion process to go slower/set the quality higher to reduce the amount of video quality you lose OR use a different conversion program. One of the programs I use other than Handbrake is FreeStudio which has a converter tool for pretty much everything. Its not as specific, and probably not a good as Handbrake but if it actually works then its better than what you got now right? :awesome:
Image"To create something that appeals to the emotions of users, you need to make something that sways your own heart. You can't move others hearts unless you can move your own." - Kazuki Fujisawa

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:10 am

Why convert instead of remuxing?
Most likely your mkv has the correct codec already and you can just put that stuff into an mp4 directly.
I think inside AMVPack is a tool that does exactly that. Else use mkvextract and mp4box.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Shui wrote:Why convert instead of remuxing?
Most likely your mkv has the correct codec already and you can just put that stuff into an mp4 directly.
I think inside AMVPack is a tool that does exactly that. Else use mkvextract and mp4box.
Indeed there is, here's AMVpack and here's a guide on how to use the tools to handle such files.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”