AMVsimple/Zarxgui alternative for compression including avs?

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Anicsi
Org Profile

Re: AMVsimple/Zarxgui alternative for compression including

Post by Anicsi » Sat May 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Qyot27 wrote:
Anicsi wrote:I downloaded and tried to install ffmpeg via PlayonMac
Unless PlayOnMac has some utility to deal with 7z archives, it probably didn't install it at all. The error message probably was because it doesn't understand the archive isn't an installer.
Ah, no, actually after I had downloaded the file from that Zeranoe page you linked, I unpacked it with StuffitExpander. It gives me a folder with a bunch of different folders inside again. In the 'bin' folder, there are the different .exe files. So when I said i tried installing it, I selected the ffmpeg.exe file in the playonmac assistant to install on play on mac. But that resulted in the error message of it having crashed. I tried it like 5 times, with re-downloading the static build 3 times.

I don't really know where to go from here. I have now the unpacked folders... like this:

How do I actually have to install it?
Qyot27 wrote: The way you'd make sure it can use the one under PlayOnMac is to make sure that ffmpeg.exe sits somewhere on the Wine %PATH% (if you have it presented to you as drive C:\, put it in C:\WINDOWS). Then using the above command as an example, the only difference would be (bolded):
wine ffmpeg.exe -y -i "Documents/inputfile.avs" -c:a libfaac -q:a 100 -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -preset slower -tune animation "Documents/outputfile.mp4"
I tried now just moving the ffmpeg.exe file alone on that path, the only windows path i could find was in my playonmac drive path. But there are a bunch of other directories before that. It'd be something like this: /Users/annawuki/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/AMVpack/drive_c/windows

So of course the command wouldn't work. And don't i need to keep also all the other files inside that built?

I reaaaaaaaaally don't get this. I'm so sorry. But I really have to get this working, each time I see how amvsimple messes up the quality, I die a little inside :cry:

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Anicsi wrote:Ah, no, actually after I had downloaded the file from that Zeranoe page you linked, I unpacked it with StuffitExpander. It gives me a folder with a bunch of different folders inside again. In the 'bin' folder, there are the different .exe files. So when I said i tried installing it, I selected the ffmpeg.exe file in the playonmac assistant to install on play on mac. But that resulted in the error message of it having crashed. I tried it like 5 times, with re-downloading the static build 3 times.
If the PlayOnMac Assistant assumes an .exe file is an installer, then that's where the problem lies. Those are the programs themselves. You just copy the files to the destination folder normally.
So of course the command wouldn't work. And don't i need to keep also all the other files inside that built?
The other files can be safely disregarded. You only really need ffmpeg.exe.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat May 02, 2015 5:40 pm

If you are planning on using FFmpeg through Wine (PlayOnMac), then just FYI, I am adding a simple GUI that allows you to encode through that in the next revision of AMVpack, I'll be releasing it around Tuesday.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sat May 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Ohhh okay, sorry, now I get the problem! Alright, I moved it again, it gives me the same terminal error as before, I think maybe I copied it to the wrong directory or I have to change the command, but I don't really know how that would be...

Code: Select all

Annas-MacBook-Pro:~ annawuki$ wine ffmpeg.exe -y -i "Documents/06 poets dani lossless.avs" -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -preset slower -tune animation -c:a libvo_aacenc -b:a 320k "Documents/danipartfinaltest.mp4"
-bash: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine: No such file or directory

And the directory i copied it to is:
Spoiler :

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sat May 02, 2015 5:51 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:If you are planning on using FFmpeg through Wine (PlayOnMac), then just FYI, I am adding a simple GUI that allows you to encode through that in the next revision of AMVpack, I'll be releasing it around Tuesday.

Oh, okay, that's awesome. I don't really care how, AMVsimple is just giving me shitty outcome with all the time I put into the avisynth scripts to make it look nice, and the amvsimple compression basically takes me back to where I started :( It's much appreciated!

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat May 02, 2015 5:53 pm

Anicsi wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:If you are planning on using FFmpeg through Wine (PlayOnMac), then just FYI, I am adding a simple GUI that allows you to encode through that in the next revision of AMVpack, I'll be releasing it around Tuesday.

Oh, okay, that's awesome. I don't really care how, AMVsimple is just giving me shitty outcome with all the time I put into the avisynth scripts to make it look nice, and the amvsimple compression basically takes me back to where I started :( It's much appreciated!
I'm removing that and adding in a new GUI that shares the FFmpeg executables with Zarx264gui, so it should give you the same output.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sat May 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Great, i'll wait for that update :up:

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”