No Video After Encode in Zarx264GUI!

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
speex123
Org Profile

No Video After Encode in Zarx264GUI!

Post by speex123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Heres the Details in Using batch file:

Additional Information:
I Used Lagarith Lossless Codec for my Video .avi (Came From AmvApp)
Zarx264GUI 1.31 which i didnt downloaded on AmvApp but instead on this Link
I Used Sony Vegas to Render my Video
My Operating System is Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: No Video After Encode in Zarx264GUI!

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 pm

For some reason it can't encode to aac the audio, so since there isn't the .m4a file to begin with, mp4box fails to mux too, thus you don't get the mp4 either.
Best suggestion I can think of atm is encoding the audio with some external program and just make mp4box mux that one.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:45 am

Wow that's weird, I've never seen audio fail with that error before.
I believe it's a problem with the sample rate of your audio. It seems rather... high, so I'm guessing the aac encoder cant deal with it.
Probably you configured it wrong when exporting from your editing application. Your audio should typically have a sampling rate of 44100hz or 48000.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 am

Yeah, 192 kHz is way too high. Unless you ripped it off of a Blu-ray or DVD-Audio disc, I can't imagine - outside of a professional situation - where 192kHz would be normal or needed at all (and even on Blu-ray/DVD-Audio that particular frequency is likely to be pretty rare anyway...although I can't really say how it rare it would be on Blu-ray).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding
AAC is able to include 48 full-bandwidth (up to 96 kHz) audio channels in one stream plus 16 low frequency effects (LFE, limited to 120 Hz) channels, up to 16 "coupling" or dialog channels, and up to 16 data streams.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:55 am

Although 192kbps is a pretty common *bitrate*

so perhaps you mixed up bitrate and sample rate

CD's normally have a sample rate of 44.1kHz (44100Hz); DVD's 48.0kHz (48000Hz).
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:25 am

As Phantasmagoriat pointed out, Qyot confused bitrate with sample rate. 192kHz is a common sample rate for 24bit audio in professional situations, it usually happens when you have an upsampling DAC like something Cambridge or Meier make. The maximum sample rate for AAC is in fact 192kHz so this particular clip is within spec. I'm not too sure exactly how ZarxGUI does things but if it is encoding your audio instead of muxing it at all, then it's doing something very very wrong. Encode without audio, then mux your stream with YAMB or whatever. Given the sample rate is that high I'd have to imagine that it came from a vinyl rip, so compressing an already lossy source is an insanely stupid idea.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:06 am

No, I think Qyot got it right since the script says SampleRate=192000Hz somewhere in there.

What I think happened is when the OP rendered their Lossless from Vegas, they input 192 for the sample rate when they really intended to input 192 into the bitrate.

Either that, or it really is 192kHz... at least according to neroAacEnc.exe, which handles the audio separately.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

speex123
Org Profile

Post by speex123 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:25 am

Thanks For Helping Everyone my Problem is solved i can now encode my videos successfully,its just that AAC encoder cant encode my audio because the Sample Rate was to high so AAC cannot encode it.But Now everything is working well when i lowered the Sample Rate.Thanks All :D

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:58 am

What encoder are you using? 192kHz is perfectly fine for AAC sampling. Why are you even encoding your audio in the first place if it's lossy to start with?

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 am

Zarx264gui uses Nero's AAC encoder to do audio encoding. Nero's AAC encoder fails when you give it 192kHz (tested on the latest one available from Nero's site, a build from February). Quicktime's engine downsamples it back to 48kHz. I have no idea what FAAC would do with it (although it does say maximum samplerate: 96kHz), but it's a piece of crap even its creators discourage using so it doesn't really matter.

It was failing to encode the audio at all, and then because the audio wasn't encoded, the mux failed.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”