can't get Virtualdub to encode my second pass

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Jenya
Org Profile

can't get Virtualdub to encode my second pass

Post by Jenya » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 am

I've been following the A&E technical guide here on the site and am up to the point where I'm trying encode video files for distribution. I encode my first pass and everything works fine; video looks good and works good, but it's a bit too big. So I try to do the second pass and target the file size down by 70% like the guide says. But everytime I try to save as to create AVI file, I get this error message saying Statsfile not found! And then I get another error message pop-up saying "Cannot start video compression: The operation is not supported. (error code -1)

Help please?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: can't get Virtualdub to encode my second pass

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:14 am

When you did the first pass, it made a video.pass file. It probably is looking for that file but can't find it. Either you point it to that file or you just re-do the first pass if you lost the video.pass file.

Jenya
Org Profile

Post by Jenya » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 pm

mirkosp wrote:When you did the first pass, it made a video.pass file. It probably is looking for that file but can't find it. Either you point it to that file or you just re-do the first pass if you lost the video.pass file.
How do I point it to the file exactly? I didn't see an option for that. I'll try playing with it some more to see if I missed it...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:43 am

You click on the more... button next to Twopass 2nd pass and then you click on the ... next to Stats Filename.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”