Quality & compression problems

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
GH
Org Profile

Quality & compression problems

Post by GH » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Alright, I'll just start from the beginning.. some of this information really isn't need but oh well.

I was pretty much doing an IC just uploading to youtube, which I eventually did. So I decided to extend it a bit and make it into a small mini-vid, I've extended it to like 0:52, it's small, I know. But that really isn't the point. I'm trying to get it compressed while remaining deinterlaced. I'm not working with deinterlaced footage, but whenever I render it in an avi it is, I know that's normal but I haven't been on the org or editing for a while and I can't really recall any technical factors that I may have known? D:

I need to figure out how exactly I should render it and what I should do afterwards to keep the overall quality(including no interlacing) nice. As I can remember you just render as an uncompressed avi, I also know how to compress the video/audio in VDub but not how to deinterlace it n the process.

I've also attempted the scan-lines method of deinterlacing which can be found here, which I can do successfully, however, I can't render it in AE where the audio comes out nicely along with it I get black blotches and the overall video quality is decreased. So far I've been through hell with this project and I'm hoping the end result will be decent. :(

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Quality & compression problems

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:20 am

In order to properly deinterlace, you're best off by using the proper avisynth deinterlacer. read AbsoluteDestiny & ErMaC's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video, specifically in the deinterlacing section. Be sure to download the newest AMVApp that comes in the guide if you don't have it yet.
I would say that you should have good results if you used AMVDeint(mode=2) to deinterlace in the avisynth script, but if you have time, AMVDeint(mode=4) might give out better results.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

Keish wrote:I'm trying to get it compressed while remaining deinterlaced. I'm not working with deinterlaced footage, but whenever I render it in an avi it is, I know that's normal but I haven't been on the org or editing for a while and I can't really recall any technical factors that I may have known? D:
That's *not* normal. You need to go to your editing program's project and export settings, and make sure that it's set to render as progressive.

In Adobe Premiere (/Pro), for example, you do this by setting "Field order" to "No fields (progressive)".
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:24 am

Thanks to you both.

This is my first time using avisynth and I don't think I really know how to utilize it properly. :oops:
Image After doing that I went to open>avisynthfile/"version.avs"

Thanks Scintilla, I was able to cut down the interlacing quite a bit but not completely for the new render.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:51 am

Use DirectShowSource instead of AviSource for that file.

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:54 am

Zarxrax wrote:Use DirectShowSource instead of AviSource for that file.
Thanks. :)

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”