VCA Updates & Questions Thread

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Re: VCA Updates & Questions Thread

Post by dokidoki » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Donaithnen wrote:So just to clarify, since i was surprised by the same thing last year, "Sun, February 28 – Sat, March 12" means until 11:59 PM on Saturday _Eastern_ time right? So 9:00 PM Saturday Pacific time?
Yes.
jessbabyblue wrote:There is one blatant AMV in the Best Instrumental category that clearly does not fit based on the song used having plenty of singing in it and another I would think is questionable.
I know there can sometimes be a reluctance to "name names", but it would be helpful here. Please PM me the names if you don't want to post them. Thanks.
Also aren't many videos in either Best Collaborative or Best MEP also not in the correct categories? Considering that there are several videos that are nominated in both categories this seems rather weird. I am just surprised that no one has pointed these problems out before or corrected things. I know its pretty late in the game now but I really love this contest and want things to not be majorly screwed up going forward!!
There's been a bit of confusion over these categories. The descriptions will probably be rewritten for next year.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

jessbabyblue
Org Profile

Post by jessbabyblue » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 pm

I definitely hope I am not confused about the guidelines for the different categories. So if I am wrong then I do apologize and don't want to raise any anger.

For instrumental I am not sure if there is a defining expectation that the song used does not have singing/lyrics or very little, but I didnt remember there really ever being any nominated videos that did. It is "Athem of Anime" that I thought did not fit in the category. But if im wrong about that being a rule I apologize!!!

I know the usual confusion with the difference between being "collaborative" and an "MEP"......i just thought a single AMV could not be nominated in both categories so I just thought I would mention that. =P

Donaithnen
Org Profile

Post by Donaithnen » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:43 pm

I was confused by the inclusion of both "Hard Out Here" and "Athem of Anime" in the Best Instrumental category. They're both good AMVs, they're just very wordy for a category that i thought was supposed to be only instrumental music. However i figured the semifinals voting will take care of that problem.

jessbabyblue
Org Profile

Post by jessbabyblue » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:52 pm

That's exactly what I thought too. As far as I knew instrumental music was defined by being music almost totally devoid of singing. And I knew that since that AMV was a really strong one it might actually get voted into the finals.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:13 am

jessbabyblue wrote:I definitely hope I am not confused about the guidelines for the different categories. So if I am wrong then I do apologize and don't want to raise any anger.
Don't worry about it. :)
For instrumental I am not sure if there is a defining expectation that the song used does not have singing/lyrics or very little, but I didnt remember there really ever being any nominated videos that did. It is "Athem of Anime" that I thought did not fit in the category. But if im wrong about that being a rule I apologize!!!
I wouldn't call that instrumental. Sometimes things slip through. It didn't make it to finals though. (Sorry for the spoiler :))
I know the usual confusion with the difference between being "collaborative" and an "MEP"......i just thought a single AMV could not be nominated in both categories so I just thought I would mention that. =P
I'll keep it in mind when looking at the finalist lists. Thanks.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Finals gonna be up anytime soon?
ImageImageImageImage

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:31 pm

I had guests over today, sorry.
Final Voting
Image Image Image

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:48 am

Thanks. I have the opposite problem and will not be home tomorrow (it's white day and I will be doing romantic things) so I wanted to prepare for the stream prior.
ImageImageImageImage

Hikarulv
Org Profile

Post by Hikarulv » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

This is the worst year I ever voted in VCAs. The worst top 5s ever I have seen. I have nothing to vote for in some categories or just one video (not really a choice). Is it too many old fashioned AMVs this year maybe? :?

Such cool AMV like AirWorthy did not get into top 5 Best Dance videos. I just wonder :shock:
There are so many shocks this year.

Kingdom Hearts - A Light That Never Comes AMV.mp4 --- The Best AMV about Kingdom Hearts theme I've ever seen in my life. I doubt I'll ever play that game, but it was really cool and awesome (even with Linking Park that I hate). Did you not get that "gamer" amazing, cool, awesome feeling? In my opinion supposed to be the Best First rookie AMV definitely, but it's not there !?

At least there is Favorite in the Romantic category to root for. :rofl:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:59 pm

If you're gonna wait 3 years to make a first post, I guess that's one way to do it!

Return to “2016 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”