VCA Updates & Questions Thread

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

VCA Updates & Questions Thread

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Any Updates that the Administration needs to make for the VCAs will be posted here. Please note that the VCAs and their schedule are subject to change at any time if we find a problem with the current setup. We'll do our best to prevent delays but sometimes things just happen. D:
If you have questions, please feel free to post and we'll do our best to answer.

VCA Schedule
Nominations: Sun, February 14 – Sat, February 27
Semifinals: Sun, February 28 – Sat, March 12
Finals: Sun, March 13 – Wed, March 23

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: VCA Updates & Questions Thread

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Do we want to advertise/start hyping the VCAs with a site-wide news post linking to this forum?

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:29 pm

I wanted to get the pages up first. And I linked to this thread specifically if people have questions. :shrug:
Edit: Added dates above.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:04 am

kireblue wrote: Also, has anyone ever considered changing the name of this category to "Best Use of a Single Source". I feel that its much more clear this way and would also be more consistent with the other categories (Best Use of Multiple Anime, Best Use of Instrumental Music, Best Use of Special Effects, and Best Use of Lip Synch)
I posted this in the "Best Single Source" thread, but I'm adding it here in case it didn't get seen. I really feel that changing the name of this category will help clear up people's confusion and ambiguity about it.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:59 am

Since one could say that "Source" could refer to audio, what about "Best Use of Single Anime"? (to contrast "Best Use of Multiple Anime")
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:04 pm

dokidoki wrote:Since one could say that "Source" could refer to audio, what about "Best Use of Single Anime"? (to contrast "Best Use of Multiple Anime")
yes, I think that would be a great change. Would that change also allow people to vote for videos that use multiple seasons/ movies of series that are technically different sources but realistically are the same anime?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:24 am

kireblue wrote:
dokidoki wrote:Since one could say that "Source" could refer to audio, what about "Best Use of Single Anime"? (to contrast "Best Use of Multiple Anime")
yes, I think that would be a great change. Would that change also allow people to vote for videos that use multiple seasons/ movies of series that are technically different sources but realistically are the same anime?
Well, that's a question. While I see cases where it could go through, it would probably raise more issues about what is and what isn't the same anime. Like all Macrosses are technically the same universe, but the main heroes and the art style over the decades differs a lot.
But mostly, it would be tough to check, because it would have to be checked manually, I guess. Going by "one anime in anime source" is the easiest way, even though it bugs me that I can't abuse all Hidamari Sketch series ;3

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:54 pm

kireblue wrote:yes, I think that would be a great change. Would that change also allow people to vote for videos that use multiple seasons/ movies of series that are technically different sources but realistically are the same anime?
The thing is, to generate the nominations page, the system goes and finds videos with one video source, and there's no easy way to say that multiple entries from the same franchise might be allowed.
Image Image Image

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:03 pm

Can we get rid the eligibility bs? Already seeing a few people not on the list that I would like to vote for.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Is it that time of the year again? :)

Return to “2016 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”