Official Error Thread

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Re: Official Error Thread

Post by Pic4 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:58 pm

Isn't trailer audio = trailer music as well?
Easily driven

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Why Anime's Got Talent and Giggles n' Jiggles are in best collab and not best mep? I thought you guys fixed it

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:55 pm

AmvLuna wrote:Why Anime's Got Talent and Giggles n' Jiggles are in best collab and not best mep? I thought you guys fixed it
I don't believe that anything was actively done to fix the MEP or collab categories.
kireblue wrote:
GloryQuestor wrote: Edit: Never mind all that. Yue clued me in on the fact that our rules had changed years ago, but we never really updated our actual definitions on the pages to reflect this. tl;dr, Collaborative is 2 creators, MEP = 3+ creators. The original intent was to separate out Hell-style multi-track from "collaboration" on a single-audio track project, but it was changed in 2012 to reflect the number of creators.

We are already discussing how to handle the semifinal round this year, and we will make sure that the official pages for these awards are updated to reflect the number of creators in a video rather than the style of the project.
I also feel that this definition is slightly flawed as well. For example: Both and were created by a group of 3 editors, but I think that most people would agree that they are undoubtedly collabs and not MEPs due to the lack of any segmentation throughout the video. So instead of having tracks, each editor contributed to every part of the video. Its would be pretty impossible to have a system automatically check for this characteristic, and so I think that upping the limitation of a collab to 3 members would be a good change. I don't ever recall seeing a video that I'd consider to be a collab that had 4 editors, and so defining a MEP as a video with 4 or more editors might work.
but once again, I personally feel that Anime's Got Talent and Giggles n' Jiggles are right to be in the collab section even if they go against the definition that GloryQuestor used as a MEP being a project with 3 or more editors.

The real error IMO is that "Break the Rules MEP" is in the collab category even though it actually has MEP in the name.

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Oh ok thanks!

Indeed "Break the Rules MEP" is both in MEP and collab.

Return to “2016 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”