Official Error Thread

Cheis106
Org Profile

Re: Official Error Thread

Post by Cheis106 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 am

Those videos on google+(unlisted and some deleted) were just "random" videos published on yt at the end of 2014. I do not consider them as the real beginning of my current production , which in fact started in 2015, with the first amv on the org. But ok, you are free to decide about it. Thank you for your time.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 am

Cheis106 wrote:Those videos on google+(unlisted and some deleted) were just "random" videos published on yt at the end of 2014. I do not consider them as the real beginning of my current production , which in fact started in 2015, with the first amv on the org. But ok, you are free to decide about it. Thank you for your time.
The moment you release your first AMV to internet, you start your lifetime production, them's the rules, sadly. Otherwise we'd have many people "restarting" their careers - you can see it sometimes with YouTube channels anyway. And it wouldn't be fair to put some five years editing person with a total newbie just because the former decided it was the time for the "real" start.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:16 am

There are a lot of MEP videos with MEP in the title that could easily be moved to the MEP category...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:There are a lot of MEP videos with MEP in the title that could easily be moved to the MEP category...
Just because something is called a "MEP", it's not a Multi-Editor Project as defined for the contest award.

Let me see if I can make it simpler than explained in the contests:

- A Collaboration, for the purposes of the award, is "many coming together to create one"; in other words one seamless, single audio track project or idea where the audio and video both are not separate and distinct.

- A Multi-Editor Project, for the purposes of the award, is "many ideas folded into one"; in other words a project featuring separate songs (even by the same artist) and multiple distinct video "tracks" in the same video project. (i.e. AMV Hell, AyuMix)

Does that help you understand the difference?
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:53 am

So basically you changed the meaning of MEP from previous years to ONLY include hell style videos?
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 pm

I believe that definition is in line with the one used to distinguish between MEP and collab since collab became a category.

The change is that they're actually putting effort into addressing past complaints (like in doing leg work to determine if rookies are rookies) and sorting based on the definitions instead of going by some sort of approximation work around that lets the database queries do all the work. The #editors < n implementation was a hack way of doing it in the first place.

Ayumix, DDR projects, etc were all not amv-hell like, they are only technically 1 (album-length) song, but are still MEPs because they have disjoint editing tracks.

That said, it's 2 awards for what is essentially a minor stylistic variation on the same thing. The fact that so few MEPs even make the list this year kinda says they should just condense it to 1 category for this year.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:35 pm

Changing the meaning of MEP so suddenly for vca is so confusing and kinda stupid. But to have only 6 videos in MEP...meh, you guys should put the 2 categories together or do it like last year.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 pm

AmvLuna wrote:Changing the meaning of MEP so suddenly for vca is so confusing and kinda stupid. But to have only 6 videos in MEP...meh, you guys should put the 2 categories together or do it like last year.
you can nominate whatever video you want for MEP by clicking the "all videos" tab. Its not limited to just those 6

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Oh I see, well seaching in all videos is not the best but thank you :wink:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:12 pm

Is there a reason why Ileia's vids are no longer listed?

Return to “2016 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”