What is the best format to use for video editing programs?

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:43 am

Digitalmaster3605 wrote:AMV_4000, I dunno if you noticed, but some of the images have broken links.
no i didnt notice that, i'll go back over the guide when i get home, thanks for catching that, I thought i caught all the bugs!

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:48 am

sorry to double post, but i fixed the bugs... the images were *for some reason* linked to a file on my network... and so instead of trying to find the pic on my site it tried to find it on someone pc... just had to delete most of the code and boom! its back to normal!! so yeah, the guide is fixed, if it helps anyone lemme know cause well.. thats its job...

also, if you think i should add or change anything lemme know.. if there is an easier way for newbs to rip and edit without editing their scripts too much then im open for suggestion.... *im thinking about possibly adding the de-interlace code to the script, but the only animes i've come across that needed it were FLCL and Princess 69... everything else looked pretty good as is.. *

thx

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Thanks for the help guys. This does work a lot better. I'd been putting off using this way for a while because my hard drive is only 40 GB (I'm getting a new computer in a couple months w/ a lot more memory) but since I only need six episodes (FLCL) I went ahead with this way anyway. Used up all my free memory, but that's okay. I wanted this one to be perfect since it's a gift for a friend. She wanted me to make one for her bf since she's graduating this semester and moving away. She doesn't know how to make them herself, so I told her I'd do my best, and that's what I intend to do, so thanks from both of us!!! Also, AMV_4000, that guide was the best one I'd read yet. Even without the pictures I could figure out what was going on.
"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." (Potion shop's old woman- LoZ OoT)

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:00 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:*im thinking about possibly adding the de-interlace code to the script, but the only animes i've come across that needed it were FLCL and Princess 69... everything else looked pretty good as is.. *
Actually, the project I'm working on is with FLCL, so if you could post that code I'd be grateful.

Thanks for the help!
"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." (Potion shop's old woman- LoZ OoT)

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:04 am

AngelOfTheDark wrote:
AMV_4000 wrote:*im thinking about possibly adding the de-interlace code to the script, but the only animes i've come across that needed it were FLCL and Princess 69... everything else looked pretty good as is.. *
Actually, the project I'm working on is with FLCL, so if you could post that code I'd be grateful.

Thanks for the help!
I'm crossing the streams with this reply by posting my AVS script here...

Code: Select all

mpeg2source("C:\AMV Project\FLCL Clips\FLCL_V1.d2v", ipp=true, cpu=4)
Telecide(order=1, guide=1)
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2, quality=3)
Crop(4, 0, -4, -0)
LanczosResize(720, 480)
Yes, I stretched the video a bit by cropping and resizing. It was necessary to get rid of the bit of black on the right and left edges of the frame. Episode 3 needed a bit more cropping: Crop(8, 0, -4, -0) to get rid of the extra black on the left edge.

This script will also make the final output at 23.976 fps so if you are using Adobe Premiere, you should add AssumeFPS(24) to the end as specified here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... 24fps.html
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:42 pm

That's much better, thanks Willen. I'll probably be using Ulead Video Studio 10 plus, so is there anything I should know about using that program with the 24 fps? Also, will this affect masking or any effects in any ways I should know about?

Return to “Video & Audio Help”