DVD to Computer... ITS TOO MUCH FOR ME!

Sobakasu12
Org Profile

DVD to Computer... ITS TOO MUCH FOR ME!

Post by Sobakasu12 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:24 pm

I know this has probably been brought up before here, and i dont know if this is even the right place to ask this, haha. All i want is to take an anime movie (kiki's delivery service) for an AMV i want to make, and put it on my computer, preferably in an mpeg or some version not avi, but my computer knowledge is borderline retarded. Wondering if anyone could help with a name of a converter thinger or a how to or something would be greatly appreciated. Many people i know use something that sounds like Nero or something, but i have not the monetary to use such programs of cost, so a free something would be great. I'm sorry for such a novice question and appreciate all thought, thank you!

reddragon_syndicate
Org Profile

Post by reddragon_syndicate » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 am

As far as getting them on the computer your best bet would be Dvd Decrypter. Bad side is there are very few editing programs that read .Vob files Nero like you said is one that can do it. ShowBiz can as well.. (dont suggest it.. ) try this link this guid should help you out a lil.
[MOD17: Removed 341 instances of the word "please" and 55 exclamation marks.]

Khanh Bui
Org Profile

Post by Khanh Bui » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:39 am

Vegas can read .vob, assuming you purchase the mpeg-2 decoder of course (perhaps beyond your budget). Last time I checked, dvd decrypter is not longer free.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:33 pm

Khanh Bui wrote:Vegas can read .vob, assuming you purchase the mpeg-2 decoder of course (perhaps beyond your budget). Last time I checked, dvd decrypter is not longer free.
If you are paying for DVD Decrypter, you are getting ripped off. http://www.doom9.org/ > Downloads.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

shinji13
Org Profile

Post by shinji13 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:29 am

Yeah and you can change .vob into avi, divx, or mpg through dv2avi after you decrpypt the dvd of course. DVD2AVI
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Video & Audio Help”