Green, pixelated screen when scrubbing in avspmod or vdub

boagz57
Org Profile

Green, pixelated screen when scrubbing in avspmod or vdub

Post by boagz57 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:37 pm

I have a 720p video which plays fine in VLC media player and even within avspmod when I just hit he play button. However, when I try to quickly scrub through the video in avspmod or vdub the video becomes pixelated and covered in mostly green pixels. Why would the video play fine when not being scrubbed through and is there a fix for this?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Green, pixelated screen when scrubbing in avspmod or vdub

Post by Kireblue » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:30 pm

is your footage 10bit? Also what function are you using to import your footage into avspmod?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:02 pm

No need to ask if it's 10-bit, that's exactly what it does if the footage is 10-bit and is interpreted by and outdated plugin or was imported as such but the previewing software is trying to read it as 8-bit. Are you using the most up to date AMVpack? If you are make sure you choose the viewing mode for 10-bit in AvsPmod and if you are trying to export it to 10-bit, make sure to set it to fast recompress and select a 10-bit lossless codec. If you don't care and want to simplify things by converting to lossless 8-bit for editing, make sure you set LWLibavVideoSource to 8-bit by including format="YUV420P8", which I assume you are using since last I checked FFVideoSource converts everything to 8bit.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

boagz57
Org Profile

Post by boagz57 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:43 pm

Ya, it does seem to be a 10-bit video. I have converted it to 8-bit using the amvtool and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help guys!

Return to “Video & Audio Help”