Any DAWs user here?

sean121
Org Profile

Any DAWs user here?

Post by sean121 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:43 am

I just bought a new MacBook Pro and I heard a lot about this "Garageband" app for music production. I have a passion for composing music and beats from my Computer so, I just want some advice on whether I should invest my time using this app or not?

Right now I am using Audacity on my windows system but I am looking for some change.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

alexawiliams784
Org Profile

Re: Any DAWs user here?

Post by alexawiliams784 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:43 am

Yes, you can try your hands on garageband for sure. It is quite easy to use with a nice interface and One should definitely try their hands on this app.

But the thing is you are already using Ableton right? And Ableton Live is a full-featured DAW and garageband is not. Garageband has its limitations and is not a complete DAW. So it might disappoint you if you compare it with a full-featured DAW.

I used Garageband when I started my music production journey with basic editing and mixing. I wonder how it has developed over the years but now I don’t have a Macbook right now. Is there a way I can use MacOS apps on my windows system?

sean121
Org Profile

Re: Any DAWs user here?

Post by sean121 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Thanks man! I will try it then since you have recommended it. My plan is to start with Garageband and then shift to its big brother Logic pro. This way the learning curve would be easy right? And yes there are some ways through which you can use macOS on Windows or Linux system. They are mentioned here in this article. Read it and see if any of them works.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”