Virtual Dub 10 bit files

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Virtual Dub 10 bit files

Post by Cecco » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:35 am

Hello guys, i've had this problem with 10bit files, can anyone suggest how i can fix it please? i've istall the last version of AMVpack.

Thanks in advance! :)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Virtual Dub 10 bit files

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am

Did you try using AMVTool instead? Since you already have AMV Pack, you can just use AMVTool, click "Configure All", and change the container to AVI.

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am

Kireblue wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am
Did you try using AMVTool instead? Since you already have AMV Pack, you can just use AMVTool, click "Configure All", and change the container to AVI.
Wow, just try now AMVTool and it's really powerfull thanks! but since i was very used to VirtualDub in the past and was also a way to edit more "fast" by just scrooling the right scenes i needed, and i remember in the past in my old pc the 10bit files works but i forgot which plugins i've istall to allowed that..

Thanks alot anyway!

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 am

Cecco wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am
Kireblue wrote:
Wow, just try now AMVTool and it's really powerfull thanks! but since i was very used to VirtualDub in the past and was also a way to edit more "fast" by just scrooling the right scenes i needed, and i remember in the past in my old pc the 10bit files works but i forgot which plugins i've istall to allowed that..

Thanks alot anyway!
What editing software are you using? I know many now support 10-bit files, if you have a laptop with non-intel based graphics and modern Adobe or Vegas you could just recontainer to MP4 and edit with those files instead.

If you need to cut clips you may want to try VirtualDub2, it has built in decoders similar to the old VirtualDub FFMPEG Input Plugin we used to include in AMVpack. We've considered adding VirtualDub2 to AMVpack, we just need to modify the guides again to make sure people are opening AVS files a certain way to avoid crashes like the ones caused by the FFMPEG Input Plugin we included for VirtualDub in the past.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:58 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 am
Cecco wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am
Kireblue wrote:

Thanks alot anyway!
What editing software are you using? I know many now support 10-bit files, if you have a laptop with non-intel based graphics and modern Adobe or Vegas you could just recontainer to MP4 and edit with those files instead.
I used both Adobe and Vegas.But, i had this doubt about this error because in the past i was able to work with 10bit files on VirtualDub and my wondering was that i miss to install some "extra" plugins..

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:02 am

Cecco wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:58 am
I used both Adobe and Vegas.But, i had this doubt about this error because in the past i was able to work with 10bit files on VirtualDub and my wondering was that i miss to install some "extra" plugins..
If you just want the plugin we used to include, it can be found here. We removed it because it was causing trouble with opening AviSynth scripts since the plugin would causes random crashes when processing scripts. Since most people were just using AMVtool to batch convert full videos it didn't seem necessary to include the plugin that causes issues for those trying to process scripts.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 am

I undestand, anyway with VirtualDub2 the file works. :D
Thanks alot and i didn't know about that issues with this plugin in the oldest version.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”