VirtualDub won't import AviSynth

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

VirtualDub won't import AviSynth

Post by tuxedomarty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Aside from my current problems trying to import AviSynth files into Adobe Premiere, I am having trouble trying to import AVS files into VirtualDub for non-music video/related projects. Whenever I try, it says:

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: There is no function named 'AVCSource'.
(C:\Users\Videos\My Michelle.avs, line 1)

How do I fix this?
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: VirtualDub won't import AviSynth

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:33 pm

First, did you mean, AVISource() or AVCSource? If you are using AVCSource(), did you try to install / reinstall DGAVCDec?
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:39 pm

I already installed DGAVCDec. And I made the AVS script file for the saved DGAVCDec data the way I used to on my old computer. And yes, I do mean AVCSource.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Don't use DGAVCDec. It's not even remotely up to date*, and was discontinued almost ten years ago (partially due to licensing conflicts over how it used FFmpeg's libs). FFMS2, LSMASHSource, or DGSource are your options today.

*like FFMS2 and LSMASHSource, it used libavcodec to decode things. The difference, is that it depends on an extraordinarily old version (that was contemporary at the time), while the other two kept up with FFmpeg development. Just based on that, the other two will be faster and libavcodec in general/the H264 decoder specifically will be less buggy.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Qyot27 wrote:Don't use DGAVCDec. It's not even remotely up to date*, and was discontinued almost ten years ago (partially due to licensing conflicts over how it used FFmpeg's libs). FFMS2, LSMASHSource, or DGSource are your options today.

*like FFMS2 and LSMASHSource, it used libavcodec to decode things. The difference, is that it depends on an extraordinarily old version (that was contemporary at the time), while the other two kept up with FFmpeg development. Just based on that, the other two will be faster and libavcodec in general/the H264 decoder specifically will be less buggy.
Well DGAVCIndex is what I am the most used to right now, and am not familiar with any of the other programs you listed.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 am

I recommend you take a quick look at the AMV 101 guides. They are kept fairly up to date and are mostly quick step by step to the point guides to get you started with the latest source handling tools.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:16 pm

I just want to know how to be able to import AVS Synth into Adobe Premiere 7.0, and what to put the export settings on for when I am done putting the video together, and what settings to put VirtualDub and XviD on when I convert it to AVI with VirtualDub.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:28 pm

I don't need to know how to get my footage. I already have ways to get my footage. I just want to know how to be able to import AVS Synth into Adobe Premiere 7.0, and what to put the export settings on for when I am done putting the video together, and what settings to put VirtualDub and XviD on when I convert it to AVI with VirtualDub. That's it. And that guide isn't really helping me.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm

https://sourceforge.net/projects/videoe ... ugin/1.95/ you put prm in plugins folder if it doesnät go there by itself.
Try https://github.com/VFR-maniac/L-SMASH-Works for import tho not sure how that avs plugin will work with importer D:.
As about vidub:set codec to xvid, i would use bitrate instead of crf as i always found crf buggy xd. about 5000 should do
Still better than that MMO.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:52 am

tuxedomarty wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:16 pm
tuxedomarty wrote:I just want to know how to be able to import AVS Synth into Adobe Premiere 7.0, and what to put the export settings on for when I am done putting the video together, and what settings to put VirtualDub and XviD on when I convert it to AVI with VirtualDub.
Links to the premiere plugin and where to put it were all answered in both this and your other thread in addition to explanations and guidance that were given about avoiding the use of outdated plugins were given in this one. Hopefully this provides you with enough information to piece things together, locking this thread.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”