Need help with AMVApp for Premiere 7.0

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Need help with AMVApp for Premiere 7.0

Post by tuxedomarty » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Okay, so it looks like I was able to install Adobe Premiere 7.0 or whatever version I was using on my old computer on Windows 10, but I haven't checked to see if it actually works on here yet. However, while I was installing it, it gave me a warning that DirectX does not work on Windows 10. Is it necessary to run Premiere 7.0? Anyway, the reason I am writing this is because I don't remember what settings I picked to install the AMV App, and I have not been in contact with the person who helped me install it for years, and I thought I had saved the conversation I had with him to keep a record of how to install it just in case, but it looks like I was wrong. That being said, would anyone care to help me out? I'd be forever grateful to whoever would. And I forgot what settings I had VirtualDub on as well while we are on the subject.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Need help with AMVApp for Premiere 7.0

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:44 pm

It's a little hard to believe I've now been having to tell people this for 15 years now, but... there is no such thing as Adobe Premiere 7.0 (or Adobe Premiere CS7 either). Are you talking about Adobe Premiere Pro (1.0)?

And DirectX has had a number of iterations, the most recent of which certainly do run on Windows 10. Which version were you warned does not work?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:40 pm

In terms of AMVapp, it has been outdated for years and it is HIGHLY recommended that you not use that. I would recommend checking out AMVpack which essentially is a more up to date version of AMVapp. There should be no settings needed for VirtualDub, and unless you are using old DVD material or plan on cleaning up footage in preprodction, you might want to skip AviSynth/VirtualDub and just try out AMVtool.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:In terms of AMVapp, it has been outdated for years and it is HIGHLY recommended that you not use that. I would recommend checking out AMVpack which essentially is a more up to date version of AMVapp. There should be no settings needed for VirtualDub, and unless you are using old DVD material or plan on cleaning up footage in preprodction, you might want to skip AviSynth/VirtualDub and just try out AMVtool.
I've been using AviSynth and VirtualDub since I started making AMVs, and almost all of my footage is from DVDs I own unless it hasn't gotten released on that format.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Scintilla wrote:It's a little hard to believe I've now been having to tell people this for 15 years now, but... there is no such thing as Adobe Premiere 7.0 (or Adobe Premiere CS7 either). Are you talking about Adobe Premiere Pro (1.0)?

And DirectX has had a number of iterations, the most recent of which certainly do run on Windows 10. Which version were you warned does not work?
I just checked the "About" portion under the help tab in the program, and it most certainly did say Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0. This particular version is from 2003.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:02 pm

UPDATE:I am trying to import an AviSynth file, and it is saying that there is no importer type that supports it. What the hell.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Since there seems to be some misunderstandings in this thread, here is what I've gathered so far: You are running Adobe Premiere 7.0 (aka Premiere Pro 1.0, aka Premiere Pro CS) and you want to open AviSynth scripts directly in it correct? If that is the case you will need 32-bit AviSynth and the Premiere CS AVS Importer.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:08 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Since there seems to be some misunderstandings in this thread, here is what I've gathered so far: You are running Adobe Premiere 7.0 (aka Premiere Pro 1.0, aka Premiere Pro CS) and you want to open AviSynth scripts directly in it correct? If that is the case you will need 32-bit AviSynth and the Premiere CS AVS Importer.
Where do I get those? And which versions of them do I get?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:01 am

The link provided has the download for it, just get RC1. The setup may not work since your version is not one of the ones listed, but it should just copy it to the desktop I think and then you can move it to the plugins folder yourself. I don't remember the plugin directory myself, but it is stored in the registry in HKLM under "Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\CurrentVersion" Plug-InsDir.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:19 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:The link provided has the download for it, just get RC1. The setup may not work since your version is not one of the ones listed, but it should just copy it to the desktop I think and then you can move it to the plugins folder yourself. I don't remember the plugin directory myself, but it is stored in the registry in HKLM under "Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\CurrentVersion" Plug-InsDir.
It should just be "Plug-ins" under the main Premiere Pro directory. If the plugin GUI produces a file setmemorymax.avsi like the version I have (1.94 by Absolute Destiny) does, then that should go in your AVISynth plugins directory.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Video & Audio Help”