Question for people who have Windows 10

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Question for people who have Windows 10

Post by SacredArrow18 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:39 am

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I been on this site and forum.
I just had a question about the amvapp and codec stuff. I am thinking of going to Windows 10 on my desktop and also upgrading to Adobe CC soon as well. I just want to know if anyone has issues with coding your videos to be able to use it in the new premiere???? I haven't really used much of Adobe Premiere CS6, I've used it on one video I did back in 2014 or so. Yes it's been a very long time since I made a video...so I kind of forgot all that you do to make the quality of the videos perfect...lol . but anyway just wanted to see if anyone could help me out with the new transition of me going to Windows 10 and Adobe CC in near future.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Question for people who have Windows 10

Post by Kireblue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:09 am

For the last few years, l33tmeatwad has been putting in a lot of work making sure that AMVpack is updated and in working order. It's pretty much the new version of AMVapp, and has a bunch of different programs used by editors (Virturaldub, AviSynth, etc).

But the best program in the AMVpack is called AMVtool. l33tmeatwad created it so that you can pretty much do everything in a single program. Its pretty much a new version of Zarx264gui, but it can also be used to skip AviSynth/ Avspmod and Virturaldub since it can batch convert your footage to Avi as well.

So yeah, everything is a lot easier since the time you left :lol:

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Kireblue wrote:For the last few years, l33tmeatwad has been putting in a lot of work making sure that AMVpack is updated and in working order. It's pretty much the new version of AMVapp, and has a bunch of different programs used by editors (Virturaldub, AviSynth, etc).

But the best program in the AMVpack is called AMVtool. l33tmeatwad created it so that you can pretty much do everything in a single program. Its pretty much a new version of Zarx264gui, but it can also be used to skip AviSynth/ Avspmod and Virturaldub since it can batch convert your footage to Avi as well.

So yeah, everything is a lot easier since the time you left :lol:
Ah okay, yes it's been so long since I been on this site. The last music video I have made was back in 2014. So 4 years of not making music videos. I have 2 daughters 6 and 2 so it's hard for me to do much these days, but am gonna try to get back into the amv world.

I miss it. and thanks. Sounds awesome. I will have to check out the new amvapp once I get everything settled on my desktop. I have a macbook pro as well, am mostly on my mac more than anything, but Its been so long since i have done any of the avisynth stuff and codecs and such, but i see the new premiere CC already has an option to make videos mp4s so that is awesome. That is great that things got easier.

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 pm

So as for the avisynth? I know with dgindex you were able to use and make it an avisynth file and from there was able to open it up in premiere. I had premiere 6.0 when did this with xp, with windows 7 64bit I know had problems as well as premiere cs6. I also haven't done anything in so long I kind of forget how to do all the coding and stuff, but I will see what I can do. I miss also being in the amv studio I was in. AuN Studios. We dont even have a website anymore. S

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:15 am

Does anybody know if dvddecrypter still works? or is there another program people use now a days?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon May 07, 2018 1:20 am

SacredArrow18 wrote:Does anybody know if dvddecrypter still works? or is there another program people use now a days?
honestly, most people don't bother with dvds anymore. But yeah, dvddecrypter should still work. l33tmeatwad also made a new guide on handling DVD footage, but I'm not sure that its necessarily easier than the methods outlined in the old AMVapp. But wither way should work just fine

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:19 pm

I don't go on here very much like I used to. but I have been thinking of just downloading episodes as mp4s and such just to make music videos. I havent made a music video since 2014? so its been a while.

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:24 pm

thanks for the info though!

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:29 am

The correct answer is "stay as far away from Win10 as possible and squeeze as much life out of win7 as you can for as long as you can"
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”