Japanese DVD vs. Japanese BD Help

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Japanese DVD vs. Japanese BD Help

Post by mirkosp » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:17 pm

I think I might have confused you a bit about what I wanted you to check with those codes, but we still got a proof that the BD is royally screwed up beyond repair.

As for upscaling suggestions...

Ideally I would be suggesting SRGAN for any and all upscale needs, but current implementations are still exceedingly slow and need to be perfected, so it's not a feasible approach.

So, scratching that, there's the chance that waifu2x could actually work well.

As for more "traditional" approaches... it's not going to be exactly fast to run, but eedi3_rpow2 is your best bet at getting something actually somewhat sharp when upscaling in somewhat decent times. If it's introducing too many artefacts, then nnedi3_rpow2 is a safer and faster approach albeit blurrier.

So I'd advise trying waifu2x first, then if it's too slow eedi3_rpow2, and if that has too many artefacts nnedi3_rpow2.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: Japanese DVD vs. Japanese BD Help

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Okay, thanks so much for the help!

When I start editing this series again, I'll try both of those and see which one works for me.

I guess these BDs are now just expensive paperweights...lol. At least we figured out the problem before I ripped the entire series. I can just watch the creditless stuff on my PS4 to make them of...some use. And just admire the box art, I guess.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”