Removing the background music, keeping the vocals

Dauniverse
Org Profile

Removing the background music, keeping the vocals

Post by Dauniverse » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 pm

This is a problem i've had since the very first day of making AMV, the background music of Dragon Ball Z for example just interrupt with the music i chose, it makes the video sounds weird.
Im currently using Sony Vegas 14, hope all the experienced people can help me :(

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Removing the background music, keeping the vocals

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 pm

to remove the background audio from a clip, right click the audio layer, and then click "remove from group". This will allow you to delete the audio without deleting the clip

Dauniverse
Org Profile

Post by Dauniverse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:48 am

That i know,but you see, i want to keep all the vocals and remove the song in the anime, is there anyway?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 am

Dauniverse wrote:That i know,but you see, i want to keep all the vocals and remove the song in the anime, is there anyway?
Unless the audio track is 5.1, there really isn't a good way to do that. If the audio is 5.1 most of the dialog will be in the front center speaker and usually there is no other music or sounds set to that channel.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

bellyzbad12345
Org Profile

Post by bellyzbad12345 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Yes, l33tmeatwad is correct. Fortunately, Dragon Ball Z has 5.1 audio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZv9GRDl_Lw As you can see, this person took out the original music and for some reason put Death Note music in

All you have to do in Vegas is drop the audio in and you should have i think 6 audio tracks appear. It's usually the 2nd audio track that you only keep for character dialogue.

Ericluv
Org Profile

Post by Ericluv » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:19 am

This is a tough one. I've been struggling with this for a long time. I don't think there is any tool out there that can separate vocals from a track.

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 am

in all my years of making music videos since 2005, I have never found a way to just keep vocals in the anime and take out the music.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:43 am

I know this thread is almost a year old and it's not likely that the OP will see this post, but given how much of a Holy Grail this kind of separation has been for the longest time (as the other posts on this very thread indicate), I thought I should mention this site that I discovered recently:

https://phonicmind.com/

The claim is that using AI techniques results in more intelligent separation than just the usual methods of channel mixing and the like. Naturally, this will still work better on some sources than on others.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Video & Audio Help”