Confused and Stuck With My First AMV

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Confused and Stuck With My First AMV

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 am

What type of file is it? Is it the same file as before? How did you open it? Are you using AviSynth or just VirtualDub with the FFMPEG input plugin?
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

yonirots
Org Profile

Post by yonirots » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:What type of file is it? Is it the same file as before? How did you open it? Are you using AviSynth or just VirtualDub with the FFMPEG input plugin?
I followed the time of occurrence of the scenes as it didn't affect it so I'm good, but it's mkv, same as before, VDub only.
Btw, if I use footage of 480p & 720p is it a problem?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:23 pm

It's possible it could be a change in the FFMPEG input filter for VirtualDub since the older version and maybe it's now including blank frames if the audio is longer than the video if everything still lines up the same.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Fri May 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Just to add my two cents here: in general, I wouldn't necessarily make smaller clips with VDub if HDD space is not an issue. Especially with Adobe Premiere, I find it to be MUCH more helpful to import the source, like an episode, and then "subclip" pieces from there, using CTRL + U after you finish. I find this gives me flexibility with naming, keeps me from having to keep 1000 individual clips, and allows me to get all the subclips back after a project ships by re-encoding the episodes themselves so I'm never in fear of deleting things :p. However, I can see subclipping benig a net negative for a video with many footage sources or MEP projects.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”