AVS MKV File in Premiere CS6

StarMasayume
Org Profile

AVS MKV File in Premiere CS6

Post by StarMasayume » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Okay so I guess I did something stupid. Some years back I started work on an AMV and I figured out the work around to import an mkv file into premiere using AVS. Now it's been a long time since I touched this thing but I just realized thanks to my last avi export how close it was to being finished if I could just tweak it a bit more in some spots. I opened it up only to realize it no longer recognizes the avs/mkv file so all my created subclips are offline.

I've tried redownloading avysinth, the plugins etc but guess it's a problem that I've upgraded to Adobe Premiere CS6? I was hoping I could get it to work again if I could get the main AVS file recognized but it just says file format not supported. I've been tinkering with it a few days with no luck so I"m about ready to give up.

Any way to salvage this? And if not, the only think I can think of is to import my last avi export of it and attempt to recreate the clips of the sections that I want to edit the most. I converted the mkv to an mp4 just so I could import it but I just noticed the dimension of the new clips are different than what I had before (same height but slightly more squished). So if that's my only option I need to figure out a way around that problem...

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AVS MKV File in Premiere CS6

Post by Kireblue » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:02 pm

If you still have the original mkv files, you can simply convert them to either mp4 or avi, and then have adobe premiere replace them 1 by 1. As long as your original workaround didn't mess up the frame accuracy of your of your original edits, everything should sync back up without any problems. Here is a good guide on how to get a frame accurate conversion of your files if you don't already know how. https://www.amv101.com/guides/preparing ... ng-mkv-mp4

Return to “Video & Audio Help”