Cross Fading With High Contrast Clips

Goober4473
Org Profile

Cross Fading With High Contrast Clips

Post by Goober4473 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:12 pm

I've been running into an issue for a while, and more so recently, and was wondering if anyone here had any tips.

When I cross fade between two clips, if one is very dark or very light, and the other has high contrast (i.e. some parts are dark, others are light), or both clips have a lot of contrast, the fade becomes uneven. For example, fading for a bright clip into a contrasted clip results in the first clip remaining much more visible on top of the dark areas of the second clip, and appearing to fade much more quickly in the lighter areas.

Obviously this is just how simple fading works - you're going to notice it more where the two clips differs than where they are similar - but I'd like to find a simple way to make these transitions look more smooth. Does anyone know of any techniques or effects that would be useful?

(I'm using Premiere Pro CC, for reference.)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Cross Fading With High Contrast Clips

Post by Scintilla » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Is it any better if you use an additive dissolve instead?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Cross Fading With High Contrast Clips

Post by Mol » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:14 am

Slowing down scene a bit? Or just use slide/pull transistion. Newblue FX imo is usefull if you can't came up with something, other than ready stuff can play around with settings too.
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”