New to making AMV - Help with Subtitles

IIKosmosII
Org Profile

New to making AMV - Help with Subtitles

Post by IIKosmosII » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Im having a hard time finding episodes(Naruto Shippuden) in their original Japanese state instead of subtitles. I dont want text in my AMV. How to I tackle this issue?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: New to making AMV - Help with Subtitles

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 am

Our standard response is to purchase the source footage. If there are Naruto releases in your country, then the subs should be soft. If you are in Japan, then there usually won't be subs. You can also look at a few paid, licensed distribution methods via internet that allow you to keep episodes, but they are often encoded in such a way as to not be the best quality, and if you do obtain them, you should convert to lossless and not edit with them directly.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:03 am

IIKosmosII wrote:Im having a hard time finding episodes(Naruto Shippuden) in their original Japanese state instead of subtitles. I dont want text in my AMV. How to I tackle this issue?
Discussing places to find raws or softssubs has always been a no no on this site, but they definitely exists. Also, if you have fansub files that are MKVs, then they are probably already softsubs. If you need a guide on how to convert them to a editing format, this link should help http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 1&t=125119

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 pm

kireblue wrote:
IIKosmosII wrote:Im having a hard time finding episodes(Naruto Shippuden) in their original Japanese state instead of subtitles. I dont want text in my AMV. How to I tackle this issue?
Discussing places to find raws or softssubs has always been a no no on this site, but they definitely exists. Also, if you have fansub files that are MKVs, then they are probably already softsubs. If you need a guide on how to convert them to a editing format, this link should help http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 1&t=125119
This is merely hypothetical. Not that we would EVER suggest you do so. :nono:

:uhoh:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:32 am

find mkv format of episode or season
find an mkv to mp4 converter and turn off subtitles in options
convert to mp4 and be done

Downloading straight up mp4s sucks ass 99% of the time so you might want to get in habit of making your own, they will be higher quality than whatever you will probably find.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:28 pm

exkcal wrote:find mkv format of LEGALLY OBTAINED episode or season
find an mkv to mp4 converter and turn off subtitles in options
convert to mp4 and be done

Downloading straight up mp4s sucks ass 99% of the time so you might want to get in habit of making your own, they will be higher quality than whatever you will probably find.
Fixed. :uhoh:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

destroyer437
Org Profile

Post by destroyer437 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:11 pm

if you use vegas you can simply make sure that in properties to click maintain aspect ratio for it not to have a check then go crop the screen to were the subs aren't visible this is what i do ik it isnt time efficient but it works for me if you need pictures i can post some if needed

Return to “Video & Audio Help”