avisynth won't open blu ray .m2ts file

boagz1
Org Profile

avisynth won't open blu ray .m2ts file

Post by boagz1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi all. I'm having a problem with avi synth and blu ray. I ripped my disk to a .m2ts file and when I try and open it with avspmod and the DSS2 video source recommended in the amv guide, I get an error saying "cant open D:/my file location". That's all it says. What's the problem? Thanks for any help.

boagz1
Org Profile

Re: avisynth won't open blu ray .m2ts file

Post by boagz1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:52 pm

boagz1 wrote:Hi all. I'm having a problem with avi synth and blu ray. I ripped my disk to a .m2ts file and when I try and open it with avspmod and the DSS2 video source recommended in the amv guide, I get an error saying "cant open D:/my file location". That's all it says. I see the avss.dll plugin in the avisynth folder that the amvguide says I need in order to open files like this. What's could be the problem? Thanks for any help.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:55 am

Can we have the exact Error Message or did you really write "D:\My File Location" in the script?
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

boagz1
Org Profile

Post by boagz1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:32 am

Sorry the exact message is, "can't open D:\Video for AMV's\.m2ts files from blu ray/Fma Sacred Star of Milos_006.m2ts: 80040154"

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:48 am

I wouldn't recommend using DSS2, especially for blu-ray. The best way to handle blu-ray M2TS files is with DGDecNV (payware, $15) or with L-SMASH-Works (guide). Having said that, could you post the script your are using? Just having the error only gives us part of the information.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

boagz1
Org Profile

Post by boagz1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:51 am

What exactly is L-Smash? and the script I tried was, "DSS2("D:\Video for AMV's\.m2ts files from blu ray\movie rescuer\Fma Sacred Star Of Milos_006.m2ts")

boagz1
Org Profile

Post by boagz1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 am

Also what's the difference between it and DGDecNV?

boagz1
Org Profile

Post by boagz1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:14 am

boagz1 wrote:This is in AvsPmod

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:30 pm

DGDecNV works like DGMPGDec for DVDs, but it requires you have a supported graphics card as it uses hardware decoding on the footage. It is the most accurate at handling the footage and is the best way to handle interlaced Blu-ray footage. L-SMASH Works is a plugin that uses software decoding to handle Blu-ray footage and is the most accurate way of handling the footage aside from DGDecNV.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”