Codec Problems; Heeeelp

haskiiie
Org Profile

Codec Problems; Heeeelp

Post by haskiiie » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 am

Hey guys,
i started to watch animes just some weeks ago ( claymore, attack on titan ) and had the desire to edit them. My video files are in .mkv container format and it's not the first time dealing with encoding to edit it afterwards in vegas 12. But this time i can't get it to work :cry: , i extracted the mkv into to seperate files -> .h264 and .acc with "MKVEXtractGUI" and than put them together agian with mp4boxgui. But everytime i import the final file into vegas there is just an green screen, audio works finde but there is just no video. Also tried "H246 to Mp4 COnverter by RIku" and AVS Video Converter ( which doesnt even accept the .h246 file :O)

So i ask you guys, how u encode your mkv files incase u are using this as a source input, or do u have any other suggestions how i can get a comperable quality?

greetz haskiiie

haskiiie
Org Profile

Re: Codec Problems; Heeeelp

Post by haskiiie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Never mind it takes it time with Zarx264gui_3 but anyway i can edit it now

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Codec Problems; Heeeelp

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Most likely 10bit video...I do not recommend re-encoding with zarxgui to edit with as you are degrading the video quality. I would recommend converting to lossless AVI using AviSynth and VirtualDub, here is a guide on how to do that.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”