WMM Video Lag

Syclone903
Org Profile

WMM Video Lag

Post by Syclone903 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:20 am

I'm a very inexperienced AMV creator, first of all, so I may be missing something obvious. My problem is this: I just finished making an AMV with Windows Movie Maker, and when I published it as an mp4, the video lags behind in timing about a second. I tried reducing the quality (It was in 1080p) but it seems the more I reduce the quality, the farther back it lags. On 480p it was lagging by as much as 3 or 4 seconds. This is my fourth AMV with movie maker and I've noticed that this is the case with my videos (although it's more like 0.5 secs normally). Can someone please give me some advice?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: WMM Video Lag

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Never do distribution encoding in your editing software. Export uncompressed or using a lossless codec, then encode with another tool that is meant for encoding.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:58 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Never do distribution encoding in your editing software. Export uncompressed or using a lossless codec, then encode with another tool that is meant for encoding.
A good final encoding tool is found in AMVPack, called Zarx264GUI. Install the pack, then export your video from WMM using the codec option "UtVideo YUV BT.601" (which is installed by the AMVpack), and then just load it in Zarx264GUI and click "Encode".
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Syclone903
Org Profile

Post by Syclone903 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks man. I'll try it right now.

Syclone903
Org Profile

Post by Syclone903 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:35 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Never do distribution encoding in your editing software. Export uncompressed or using a lossless codec, then encode with another tool that is meant for encoding.
A good final encoding tool is found in AMVPack, called Zarx264GUI. Install the pack, then export your video from WMM using the codec option "UtVideo YUV BT.601" (which is installed by the AMVpack), and then just load it in Zarx264GUI and click "Encode".

Could you please elaborate a wee bit on that? Now, I don't know how to select which codec option I use to export.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Syclone903 wrote:Could you please elaborate a wee bit on that? Now, I don't know how to select which codec option I use to export.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to do this, as I haven't used Windows Movie Maker since the version bundled with WinXP. I found this information on the MS website, which should walk you through how to set up a media profile to control how WMM exports footage.

Sorry I can't be more help with this. :(
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Syclone903
Org Profile

Post by Syclone903 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:06 pm

So, what, I'm screwed? WMM doesn't seem to want me to export in anything other than mp4 or wmv! Isn't there some way I can export export it to another program, say, Vegas (which I have recently acquired)?

Return to “Video & Audio Help”