Semi-Finals: Identity Crisis {Results & Videos Available}

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Semi-Finals: Identity Crisis {Results & Videos Available}

Post by Kireblue » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:01 pm

“Our identity has already been chosen for us; but it is up to us to accept it, or fight and change it.”
- Afnan Ahmad Mia
Round Challenge
For the Round 7, the theme shall be "Identity Crisis"! And so, you will be editing a video that flips the script on what would be expected from your sources or the characters in your video. This could be anything from portraying a shy anime character as confident and out going; editing a horror video with a slice of life romance; turning a hated villain into a beloved hero; or pairing dark and gritty action scenes with a sentimental song. This is the Semi-Finals, so all of you have already proven that you can be creative and innovative. Simply creating a unorthodox pairing will not be enough to score high during this round if the video wouldn't actually make sense outside of the competition.
Sunday, August 30th @ 11:59PM EST

Submitting Your Video:
When finished, please upload your video to a reputable file sharing service and send the download link to me via a private message here on animemusicvideos.org. Google Drive and Dropbox are the preferred methods of uploading your video, but please ensure that the URL you send is a “shared” or “public” link. Sendspace is not recommended due to a daily download limit that it imposes. Note: YouTube or ”streaming only” links will not be accepted. You do not have to wait until the final day to submit your video. You are also free to share and upload your videos before the deadline. Just be aware that doing so may help your opponents. If you finish early and feel that your video does not need anymore tweaking, you may submit it at any time before Sunday, August 30th @ 11:59PM EST. At the end of the round, all the submitted videos will be made available to the public to stream on Google drive. If you would like the download option to be disabled on your video and to only allow it to be streamed, please add this request to the body of your submission message. By default, all videos will be made available for download unless the editor specifically requests that it doesn't.

[Join Project Org Editor 2015 Skype Group]
Last edited by Kireblue on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Re: Semi-Finals: Identity Crisis {Deadline August 30th}

Post by Anicsi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:25 am

Oh, this is a really interesting theme, gonna have to wreck my brain, haha. I was wondering about the Cardcaptor Sakura video, though. How exactly would this match the theme? Maybe it is because I haven't seen the anime, but I couldn't find anything unusual with it...

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:22 am

Anicsi wrote:Oh, this is a really interesting theme, gonna have to wreck my brain, haha. I was wondering about the Cardcaptor Sakura video, though. How exactly would this match the theme? Maybe it is because I haven't seen the anime, but I couldn't find anything unusual with it...
Wikipedia wrote:Sakura Kinomoto is the titular ten-year-old protagonist and the eponymous heroine of Cardcaptor Sakura. Named after the Japanese word for "cherry blossom". Her "invincible spell," "Everything will surely be all right" ("Zettai daijoubu da yo"), has carried her through innumerable trials and obstacles as she masters her magical skills. Her most defining character traits is her unyielding determination, caring nature and loyalty to her friends. Sakura is portrayed as an perceptively sweet, extremely energetic and cheerful character who is well-loved, pretty, cheerful, cute and at times a naïve, clumsy, and clueless.
The AMV that I linked portrays Sakura as being confident, arrogant and assertive. In reality, she's actually modest and sometimes air headed.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Oh, okay, thanks!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:00 pm

The Semi-finals are now over!

All the available videos can be viewed here, and the results will be posted within the next few days

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

The Semi-Final Results are now available!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Congrats to BioticAMVs, Anicsi, Ryukz82 and AngelDragoon for having the 4 highest scoring videos for the round and moving on to the Finals! |:>

Return to “Project Org Editor 2015”