Video of the Year

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Video of the Year

Post by Kireblue » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:30 am

I really like the selection of videos in the category, and so I completely disagree that its weak or that this was a bad year.
CrackTheSky wrote:Reeeallly interested to see what's going to take Video of the Year. I know what I want to win (coincidentally, my own personal choice for VotY is a finalist), but I really have no idea how this will pan out.
I have a strong feeling that my personal choice is gonna win, but I wouldn't be upset no matter which one wins. I feel that each of the finalists had a really major impact on the AMV scene this year and thus are all deserving for one reason or another.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Ileia wrote:It doesn't matter what's written on the Akross page because this isn't Akross. The editor himself is who set the premiere date for our website, so if you feel that it's wrong, take it up with him. Like I said, it already WAS a finalist for Video of the Year, it was just last year. Even if it was for this year, I don't share your confidence that it would be an automatic win, but I also disagree with your estimation of this year's finalists in general.
I'm not the one supposed to take it up with him, in the first place. If it's ok for everyone, then it's fine for me too. I was just reflecting that if he decided to make the premiere date in 2014 - and he could do so - probably he would have won now. And if you disagree with this it's normal, everyone has his opinion. :up:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Shui wrote:
Diegao wrote:
Shui wrote:All vid of the Year finalists suck imho.
Saddest year of AMV history so far. I wanted Gatsby to win here by the way :shrug:
I wouldn't say that. It's just that people don't upload the vids here on time or just don't get enough exposition.
There were a lot of really good AMVs in 2014.
agreed that 2014 wasn't a bad year for AMVs. i'd say the VCAs are weak but especially in comparison to last year which had a pretty great akross. though this is naturally an issue with a website as dominated by english speaking/US editors as the org is.

Return to “2015 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”