Round 1 Results

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Round 1 Results

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Important Notes About Judging

:nose: This year we used a ranking scale of 1 - 10. Typically a score of 1/10 would be a video that is unwatchable but for the purpose of this contest it's just a video that would be considered on the lower end of the spectrum but not the worst video ever. We went with a smaller scale to increase competition and keep the scores closer so that way it always remains anyone's game.
:nose: Due to the smaller scale there were quite a few ties for certain ranks. Editors that tied with each other were listed in alphabetical order.
:nose: Videos had the chance to earn a total of 40 points (10 points per judge) with a 5 point deduction from the overall score if the special requirement was not met.
:nose: Scores will not be revealed until the contest has concluded and then we will only release the overall scores from all 3 rounds.
:nose: Remember that there are NO ELIMINATIONS so even if you didn't rank as highly as you had hoped for this round there will be more chances.
:nose: You can toggle between the judge's comments by clicking the tabs at the bottom of the google doc.
:nose: You can now upload your videos wherever you want |:>

Squancho
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Results

Post by Squancho » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Yeah, avoiding the interlacing was a tough one.
Kinda couldn't get rid of it.
And I wanted to fix the aspect ratio and find more scenes but I ran out of time.
Hopefully the wheels give me better options next round.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:17 am

Thank you to the Judging for the comments |:>
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

Elixir
Free Text
Org Profile

Post by Elixir » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:04 am

One non-mustached AMV version, coming up.
(oh and i was aware the mustaches butchered my video in itself, i just didn't want a penalty) :^)

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:48 am

aww guys, thank you so much for those comments, I'll try to finish up my video properly xD I had problems with starting my video, because my computer kept crashing, so mainly that's why I didn't have as much time to edit as I wanted :( but I hope I can make a justified end to my video (even though I'm kind of running out of fast scenes xD) also congrats everyone!

WolfandSerpent
iz a grill
Org Profile

Post by WolfandSerpent » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:41 am

Wow I thought I had done a lot worse in this round XD
I'll re-edit mine with the full song (I wasn't confident to finish the full thing in only a few days) and cut out all the lip-flap
Congrats everyone, thanks for the judges and bring on round 2 >:D

Drango
Org Profile

Post by Drango » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:43 am

Once Roulette is over I'll be re-doing mine to the full song. Please look forwards to seeing that.

ThyPirateKing
Org Profile

Post by ThyPirateKing » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'll try to improve on what wasn't as good in my last video. Very excited to do this next AMV also. I've never made a fun AMV with dancing in it before lol.

Return to “AMV Roulette 2015”