Round 3

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Round 3

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Click the above banner to see the full bracket.

Group AB - Round Start - Round End - Song: L.G. Fuad - Motion City Soundtrack
Group CD - Round Start - Round End - Song: Not Giving In - Rudimental ft. John Newman & Alex Clare
Group EF - Round Start - Round End - Song: Always Yours - she

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 3

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:20 pm

So, Phlashbak contacted me about Round 3 and informed me that he would not be able to edit due to being on vacation. He was hoping to be eliminated but since both Gorz and Mycathatesyou did not make videos for Round 2 Group F all three of the remaining editors in the Group were automatically passed into the next round. Originally, I was just going to pass Gorz to Round 3 in his spot with "He got first place in Round 1, therefore he would be the first person to claim the empty F slot" but after consulting with some of the judges I've reconsidered and decided on a new process to determine who fills the F slot.

In each round the judges rank videos from first to last, I then take those numbers and average them out to determine who will pass to the next round. So basically it looks like this...

Bob - 1 1 3 1 2 - 1.6
Frank - 2 2 2 1 5 - 2.4
Steve - 3 3 1 2 4 - 2.6

Shaniqua 4 4 4 4 1 - 3.4
Joe - 5 5 5 5 4 - 4.8

The editors with the lowest average numbers move to the next round while the bigger numbers are dropped. Basically what I'll be doing is I'll be taking all of the 4th place rankings from all the groups, lining them up from "first" to "last" and I'll be offering the spot in Round 3 Group F to editors in that order.
Hopefully whoever takes the spot isn't a dick and drops right after it happens :P

Kiriforce
is a pretty lady
Org Profile

Post by Kiriforce » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:25 am

I think the world misses something what Gorz would have made in Round 3, but I like your alternative to determine who's the "lucky" one more. Sounds pretty fair.
Have a beer :beer:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:10 pm

WARNING! THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Fall_Child42 is very dissapointed in the lack of AWESOMECORE videos made for his very special prize.

Alright folks I'll level with you. My prize packs are awesome. What I like to do is get one main thing, customize it with these very hands and make something truly unique and special. And while this may be dashing my humbleness against the stones, This particular main item turned out very VERY cool.

I call out to you those that dropped!
I call out to you those that were eliminated!
I call out to you those in the tournament that hate their song!
I call out to you those who lurk the thread!

GO HOG WILD AND DESTROY YOUR GODS!

THERE ARE NO RULES EVERYTHING IS TRUE!

RELEASE YOURSELF FROM YOUR INHIBITIONS AND ASSAULT ALL THAT IS AMVS!

And you might get this thing I have that's pretty damn cool.

:ying: :dino:
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Re: Round 2
Postby Fall_Child42 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 am

Do
more
Videos
This
!!!

But then again nothing at all like that.
You know the little man that tells you something is wrong or stupid? Punch that man in the face.

I'm reposting.

I WANT SOME MORE.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Shaniqua 4 4 4 4 1 - 3.4

The editors with the lowest average numbers move to the next round while the bigger numbers are dropped

chikasole
Org Profile

Post by chikasole » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Well the third song was definitely unexpected. I guess group F's party curse is still on :ying:
Another tough round ahead (y). she is one of my favourite artists so idk if I should jump out of joy or not. There's a good reason why I don't edit with she, though xD (His music is way out of my league. :sweat:) Good luck to you all ~!

Gorz
m'lady
Org Profile

Post by Gorz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 am

I know I'm out, but I don't care I will make a no-compete video since I'm free to do whatever I want now, I won't restrict myself to follow the rules also this video will prolly be fitting to what Fall_Child42 is looking for (I hope at-least). Good luck to you all ~! as chikasole said |:>

Gorz
m'lady
Org Profile

Post by Gorz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 am

double-post sorry! but damn satan approves
Spoiler :

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 am

I love always yours from she but you'll have to change the song : given last year in soul's team IC and MDL actually won dance category with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R39CG5a4Czg

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 am

Just curious, how do you decide the songs for the teams? I think it's not really fair Team F gets a song like that AGAIN, the third time in a row xD At some point people need a break from upbeat (and in my opinion bad but that depends on the eye of the beholder :p) songs. Editing the same kind of style again and again is really draining. Well, it's not like I'm in the competition or anything, I just noticed xD

Return to “The Quickening 2014”