The Quickening - Rules

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Rules

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Less than 20 minutes until DEF goes live!

And I've got 45/180 songs thus far. :bear:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:4.7 Videos used for commercial or promotional purposes will not be accepted.
Just to be clear, what exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying we can't use anime commercials as source, or are you saying we can't use our entries as commercials?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:4.7 Videos used for commercial or promotional purposes will not be accepted.
Just to be clear, what exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying we can't use anime commercials as source, or are you saying we can't use our entries as commercials?

:taco:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:

:taco:
Okay, so we are allowed to use promo videos as source, sweet.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:52 pm

(I can speak to tacos, what of it)

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:12 am

Fall_Child42 wrote:
Make a really weird video for me, I send you a special Fall_Child42 Discordian trophy prize pack.
:bear: well.... I might give it a shot if my brain allows.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 am

Shui wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:
Make a really weird video for me, I send you a special Fall_Child42 Discordian trophy prize pack.
If it allows you turning it off? :>

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:38 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Shui wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:
If it allows you turning it off? :>
Nah I need it for the weird shit part after all.
But I also need it to calculate the chance to make a video = Motivation * Time - Lazyness - Shitlevel of Song
where Motivation is my Motivation Level from 0-100, Time is enough(1) - none (0), Lazyness Level like Shitlevel of Song also 0-100

Depending on how my Brain's doing this Lazyness and Motivation Level varies a lot.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:07 pm

What's the reasoning between not allowing us to upload our videos until after judging when there's a downloadable AND a youtube copy already uploaded?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Ileia wrote:What's the reasoning between not allowing us to upload our videos until after judging when there's a downloadable AND a youtube copy already uploaded?
In addition to this reason I want the focus to be on the contest itself for at least a couple days while the judging is happening. It's similar to the way a lot of other contests have exclusive videos where you can only get them from their sources for at least a short period of time before they're released to the world and reposted on every website around. It brings a bit of traffic to the original host and it generates additional attention for the event itself. I understand this might mean editors are losing out on a couple views and downloads on their personal accounts but I'm sure they'll recover from the loss.

Return to “The Quickening 2014”