Holy Shit!!! GEMA and Google came to an Agreement. Nazis can finally listen to Music on Youtube

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jt_x
Org Profile

Holy Shit!!! GEMA and Google came to an Agreement. Nazis can finally listen to Music on Youtube

Post by jt_x » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Holy Fucking SHIT. I thought I would never see the day were I can just listen to any music on Youtube without using some slow/complicated/cumbersome proxy/vpn setup. If you are unaware for the past 7 (!) Years GEMA demanded Google to block videos on Youtube for artists that are signed with GEMA. You can read about it in detail here.
Wikipedia wrote:A study sponsored by the video hosting website MyVideo estimated that 61.5% of the 1000 most viewed YouTube clips are blocked in Germany. This is significantly higher than, for example, in the United States (0.9%) or in Switzerland (>1%)
This has now (around Oct 31st/1st Nov) changed since GEMA and Google have come to an agreement. We can finally listen to music on Youtube it only took 7 FUCKING YEARS for this to happen.

Fucking Finally |:>

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Holy Shit!!! GEMA and Google came to an Agreement. Nazis can finally listen to Music on Youtube

Post by Kireblue » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

jt_x wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:A study sponsored by the video hosting website MyVideo estimated that 61.5% of the 1000 most viewed YouTube clips are blocked in Germany. This is significantly higher than, for example, in the United States (0.9%) or in Switzerland (>1%)
I knew the number was high, but not that high. About half the vids I make are blocked in Germany, so I guess I can look forward to a increased viewer base in the future :asd:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Holy Shit!!! GEMA and Google came to an Agreement. Nazis can finally listen to Music on Youtube

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Any idea when this will take effect? I mean, I'm sure Germany got enough of "Burger Dance" back in 2003 when it topped the charts there, but it would still be nice to have it unblocked anyway.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:04 am

Scintilla wrote:Any idea when this will take effect? I mean, I'm sure Germany got enough of "Burger Dance" back in 2003 when it topped the charts there, but it would still be nice to have it unblocked anyway.
It took effect shortly after Nov 1st I believe, it's working great for me.

Return to “General Discussion”