How To Resolve Donation Problems

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

How To Resolve Donation Problems

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:39 am

All contact regarding donation problems should go through the email address donations@animemusicvideos.org . GloryQuestor is the one reviewing donations. Please do not contact him directly by private messaging or AIM. While he can read this thread, I'd prefer that you not post your donation problems here either. Really, use the email please.

Include as much of the following information in your email as possible:
  • Your a-m-v.org username
  • The real name of the paypal account owner the donation was sent from
  • The date and amount of the donation
  • Which paypal account you donated to
If you have questions about the donation process, feel free to ask in this thread. Other users might be able to help you before I can.

GQ has little involvement with mail-in donations. Phade processes those donations himself. If he receives a donation in through the mail, he will process it, so please be patient.

As always, thank you for your consideration in supporting this community. :)

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:40 am

This post is reserved for future use.

Ithiel
Org Profile

Post by Ithiel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi there! If got a few questions towards donating:

I made a pledge over 24$ some 10 days ago after reading I could send you the money via bank check. I have been searching for quite a whlile now but I can't find your bank accounts data anywhere. I am nighter in posses of a credit card nor do I want to send you the money via mail :P Could someone tell me directions? Where to find that data?

I have never transferred money from Europe to America. Is the bank check even a good solution?

- Ithiel

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:27 am

Hey Ithiel,

The term "bank check" here refers to a physical piece of paper that you can get at a bank that is similar to a money order that you could get at a post office or gas station or any other place that sells money orders. My bank will issue these for free for their customers rather than charging a fee like the post office and other places.

What I believe you are referring to here is a "bank transfer" where funds are sent directly from one bank account to another. From what I gather, this is very common in Europe where one person will give their bank account number to another person so that they can deposit funds directly. In the US, however, this is very uncommon. I am not entirely sure but I believe the reason is that if you have a US bank account number, you can much more easily and fraudulently withdraw funds from that account as well as deposit if you like. (The tin-foil-hat guy in me thinks this was purposely set up this way so that using credit cards become much more attractive for the buyer to use than the much less expensive method of a bank transfer, thus making more money for banks and other credit issuing corporations. But I could be wrong...)

Anyways, the only other non-physical-paper method of transferring funds is PayPal. PayPal will work directly with your bank account to allow free transfers from there to PayPal (and also with credit cards). PayPal can then be used to further transfer the donation in our direction.

To sum up, unless you are donating a large amount of money, the site won't give out our bank account number. The best methods to donate are either by PayPal or by physical paper (we have received lots of these from non-US donators).

I hope this helps.

Phade.

Ithiel
Org Profile

Post by Ithiel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 am

Well than thank you for the information. What I meant was transferring money from one bank account to another by telling you bank to do so. As English is not my mother tongue, I'm not overly familiar with the terms from bank business. :)

Also it seems like I got something wrong about Pay Pal, since I thought it would only work with a credit card. I open a Pay Pal account and transfer money onto it, later telling them to send it to a-m-v.org via their homepage, is that correct?

- Ithiel

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Holy crap Phade is alive O_O

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Holy crap Phade is alive O_O
x2....
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Ithiel
Org Profile

Post by Ithiel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Ok I got the Pay Pal thing running. Now I must send the money to the Pay Pal account and than to you. Problems solved. I hope I get that done fast enough :)

P.s. Holy crap I didn't notice I have been given the rare honor of one of the once in half a year Admin visits :D

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Ithiel wrote:Ok I got the Pay Pal thing running. Now I must send the money to the Pay Pal account and than to you. Problems solved. I hope I get that done fast enough :)
It might work slightly differently in your area, but for me once I have an account tied to paypal it will automatically do the transfer when you pay with paypal. That is, it will withdraw from your account for you then make a payment to the site when you make a payment and don't have any cash in your paypal account.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ithiel
Org Profile

Post by Ithiel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:18 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:It might work slightly differently in your area, but for me once I have an account tied to paypal it will automatically do the transfer when you pay with paypal. That is, it will withdraw from your account for you then make a payment to the site when you make a payment and don't have any cash in your paypal account.
This option is not available for me as my PIN number has the wrong amount of digits to be excepted by GiroPay. The solution I mentioned is the one I will have to go with. But it takes some time to transfer the money I think. Btw. is it normal that only the last 4 digits of your account number are being displayed at PayPal? I don't wanna send them money, if they can't find out which account it belongs to. :roll:

Man so complicated... Never would I have donated, if I had known what kind of crap this is. :cry:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”