Anime Standup Video project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bulghod
Org Profile

Anime Standup Video project

Post by Bulghod » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:13 pm

Ahh this is THE thread for the Anime Standup Video project, or ASV. it was previously called AMV Standup project, but there's no music involved, so HA!

The ASV will have audio of standup comedians from Cd's, recorded, whatever you can get the audio from. For those of you who've seen Shorties watching Shorties on Comedy Central, it's pretty much that with anime. This project is planned to run for 15 minutes.

1. If you're going to submit a video, first say what anime and comedian you're using here. No two people can use the same comedian.

2. the bit is at most 2 minutes

3. If you want to put more than one segment, go nuts. but remember that this will be at most 15 mins, so if i get too many, then i will remove a few extra ones and let you know about it. you can go cry for your mommy if you really have to

4. no music. no songs. just stand up comedy.

5. no bits where it's just some anime character mouth flapping, show some accompanying visuals

6. no biting

Tech stats:
framerate of 29.97 fps, AVI

width of 720 and height of 480

compressed with Divx preferably

The current due date for the bits will be Jan 2nd, so get it to me by then. i don't have an FTP server, so it would be ideal to send it to me through AIM: Bankruptcorpse or Yahoo ID: Bulghod
When you send the clip, also give me the name of the comedian, the name of the anime, The name of the bit if it has a name, YOUR editor name or studio name or both, and any comments you want to put.

If i can think of anything else to add, i'll post it up.

Good luck!!

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:54 pm

as i said, Ron White - Thrown out of a bar!

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:09 am

oh, and i'm claiming Harland Williams - the cappachino/little boy sketch. Don't know what anime yet.

Sentient Satire
Org Profile

Post by Sentient Satire » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:06 am

I would like to actually do a segment to Robin Williams, he has a diverse and energetic routine. Anime source narrowed down to a select few choices.

Is there an official list with the 15 minutes "slot-stitized", yet? If there is I assume it's mostly vacant. 15 minutes / ~2 minute bits = ~7-8 bits?

I may be leaving the country this month, if that is the case, I may have to cancel. I'll know at the end of next week.
逸れなくて下さい。

我心で黒と虚と寒気だ。

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:25 am

I'd love to do Lewis Black. The one where he talks about the videos about nuclear bombs they used to show in schools. I thought that was hilarious, I don't know how I'm gonna get a copy of that on my hands, I'll have to rent the DVD. But I can't yet think of an anime for that.
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:49 am

oh I missed this thread, I might have an idea for this, If I can find the audio.
I'll get back with ya.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:45 pm

Sentient Satire wrote: Is there an official list with the 15 minutes "slot-stitized", yet? If there is I assume it's mostly vacant. 15 minutes / ~2 minute bits = ~7-8 bits?
There's no official slots, since there's not really an official bit of audio to use like in the Linkin project and the MSI project. You're going to have to get the audio yourself, which is a good thing because at the very least you'll know the bit and already like it.

also the 15 minutes thing is a rough estimate for right now, depending on how many people get involved in this. but so far as ppl involved, we have

ME!!! - Harland Williams
AMV_4000 - Ron White
themaan - Lewis Black
Sentient Satire - Robin Williams

and of course, if you want to change comedians, drop out or something, please let us know. that list will be in constant revision.

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:52 pm

are you allowing any chris rock or eddie murphy

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:55 pm

yea Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy are ok

there is no problem with offensive language. if we can have voilent stuff and mass amounts of hentai/yaoi/yuri to be accessed upon the site, some naughty words like cracka and nigga do not seem to be bad at all.[quote]

billy_wires
Org Profile

Post by billy_wires » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:29 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:as i said, Ron White - Thrown out of a bar!
I think you might die. No, I know you will die. Because I will kill you. I just need an address for the letter bomb I'll be sending.

Hrm, count me in?

Dane Cook. Anime - Undecided.

I bet Brolly345 would like to do a bit of Mitch Headburg, perhaps something else, who knows, but he'll be home soon so consider this a bit of a forewarning.

Some suggestions for y'all:
Kevin James
Pablo Francisco (I can't spell his name, but it's the last part of the city in California called "San Fran")
Bill Engvall
Jeff Foxworthy (OMG I KNO!!)
Wanda Sykes
Jim Bruer
Margret Cho
Dave Attell
Jeremy Hotz (not sure of either the spelling or the first name, but he's bald and Canadian)

...and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are plenty more that made me laugh so hard I almost died, but I'm horrible with names.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”