- Member: jasper-isis
- Studio: Allegretto Productions
- Title: The Curse of Saturn
- Premiered: 2005-10-10
- Takayuki Negishi Card no Kehai
- Takayuki Negishi Chikashitsu
- Takayuki Negishi Eien no Yami
- Takayuki Negishi Yochou
- Animania Con Ja Nai XII, Animania Con Ja Nai XII Contest (2005-10-29)
- Anime Destiny 2005, Anime Destiny 2005 (2005-11-05)
- Anime USA 2005, Anime USA 2005 (2005-11-18)
- Anime Boston 2006, Anime Boston 2006 AMV Contest (2006-05-26)
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 12, AWA 12 EXPOSITION CONTEST (2006-09-22)
For a while I've wanted to experiment with a horror/suspense video that was not rooted in violence or gore. The idea came to me when I was watching, of all things, Card Captor Sakura. CCS has a few of the creepiest background themes I've ever heard in anime, and I thought that it would be a shame to let them go unamv'd.
Upon obtaining the soundtracks, I discovered that the themes that had stuck to me the most were actually parts of four different songs. So I arranged those songs into a "remix" of sorts, using what I thought was the most striking part in each. A few weeks later, when I found myself shutting off the DVD player during a particularly creepy episode of Witch Hunter Robin, my set of sources became complete.
I never intended to give the video a solid plot, but I was still determined to string the spooky occurrences together in a semi-logical fashion. Take the video however you will. I do realize that the impact of any work of suspense or horror is reliant on how much the viewers are willing to fill in using their own minds. Thus I encourage you to turn off the lights, turn up the sound, put the video on full screen, and let your imagination run away. :)
All in all, it was fun to experiment with this genre. If this video has actually spooked you in any way, please let me know. After months of editing I still can't be sure whether it's only me who's creeped out by some of these scenes. :P
Special thanks to krzT, Otohiko, and pen-pen2002 for help and encouragement.
This video was honored with the "Judges' Achievement Award in Originality" at Anime Destiny 2005. Enjoy!