- Member: Valanne
- Studio: Sakura Zuka Studios
- Title: Gloomy Sunday
- Premiered: 2005-05-26
- Sarah McLachlan Gloomy Sunday
*WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS*
This video evolves around the character of Sumeragi Subaru and how he was affected by Seishirou's death, the only one he wanted to protect. When I first saw the last episode of X (TV) I was greatly disappointed because Subaru didn't die in the end; he had this wonderful "death scene", but then he just walked away in the sunset, leaving Seishirou's sakura tree behind... which is really stupid, if you think about it. So, when I heard this wonderful song (the infamous "Hungarian Suicide Song"), I decided to make a video about Subaru's longing for death, now that he has lost the only person he ever loved.
Sunday is Gloomy,
My hours are slumberless,
Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless
Little white flowers will never awaken you
Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you
Angels have no thought of ever returning you
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you
Sunday is gloomy
with shadows I spend it all
My heart and I have decided to end it all
Soon there'll be candels and prayers that are sad,
I know, let them not weep,
Let them know that I'm glad to go
Death is no dream,
For in death I'm caressing you
With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you
I was only dreaming
I wake and I find you
Asleep in the deep of
Darling I hope that my dream never haunted you
My heart is telling you how much I wanted you
A couple of notes:
- The "dream" that could "haunt" Seishirou is Subaru's wish to be killed by him.
- "I wake and I find you": I used a "Cowboy Bebop"-ish point of view. Life is just a dream, and in death you finally wake up. Here when Subaru "wakes up", he finds the man he fell in love with, i.e. Tokyo Babylon Seishirou.
- The "Angel" is Hokuto: in Subaru's character profile (which I highly reccomend to everyone, as it's beautiful), Subaru wonders whether his wish would make his sister angry or sad.
As always, feedback is truly appreciated.