- Member: Castor Troy
- Title: Resident Evil 4 - Die another day
- Premiered: 2005-04-12
- Madonna Die Another Day (Radio Edit)
I was inspired to make this video after almost getting into a nearly fatal traffic accident. I listened to "Die another day" endlessly after I got home and decided that I wanted to make a video to it.... despite the song being used quite a lot...
My first choice was to use Angel Cop but you all know how great that footage is.. :P Resident Evil 4 has been one of my obsessions for the past few months and I always wanted to do a video to it for a future VG project but since RE remixes aren't really that abundant out there, I decided to make a non vg project, vg video.
It's basically just a fun little action video with some of the best moments of RE4. There's not much of a plot or spoilers and you don't need to be a fan of RE to understand the video. This was also an experimental video to see how well I can capture and work with next gen console footage and I think it turned out pretty well.
- I spent 4 days replaying the game and capturing the footage by hooking up my Gamecube to my Pinnicale Studio 9 A/V card.
- I used virtualdub to capture the footage at 720 x 480 for editing.
- The video isn't abundant in effects and uses pretty simple ones at the beginning. I do a little masking around the middle but nothing too serious. The 2nd half of the video is pretty simple with just fades and cuts because I liked how the scenes matched with the flow of the song without any effects or insane beat sync.
- I used my 5th playthrough to capture the footage (yes, the game is that fun to repeat :P)
- I wish I had more time to showcase all of the characters I introduced but most of their footage was either... spoilers, uninteresting, or bloody.
- There is barely any violence or blood in the video.... and you know the RE games are popular for that :P
- This was one hell of a funky song to edit.... while I do prefer slower songs in general, this one was a bit slower than what I actually prefer but I still had fun editing to it.
Big thanks to...
* The driver of the van who almost killed me (I think...)
* God for saving my life
* Hypeodermic Studios forum members
* Capcom for making the best RE game evar :)
I got to see it on the big screen at AX2005 and it looked a tad darker but I really liked how it sounded on the gigantic sound system. Thanks to everyone who voted for it! :)
Best of AMTV - AX2005