- Member: jbone
- Studio: thefinalact.net
- Title: Harsh Reality
- Premiered: 2002-04-01
- Character Profile
- Fastball This is Not My Life
- AWA Exposition Contest, AWA Exposition Contest (2002-09-27)
edit time: 52 hours
current revision: 1.11
Initially, I had planned to do a similar piece to The Smashing Pumpkins' "Bullet with Butterfly Wings." However, the song felt a little too long to me; it would have worked, but it didn't really appeal to me *that* much. More recently, I heard Fastball's "This is Not My Life," and I soon realized this song would work well with my initial concept.
This piece took a good amount of effort to complete. Although this is partially an action video, the action sequences are completely different than those in my previous action video, "Renegade Megadeus." This is a more character-driven piece with dramatic elements, whereas "Renegade Megadeus" was all about fitting together as much high-paced robot fighting action as I could squeeze into 4 minutes. ^_^
As has been my pattern, some of the effects I use in this video are simlar to those in my past videos, but I attempted to do things differently enough to create a unique end-product.
Of course, there's plenty of attention to detail and timing, as always. ^_^
You'll notice this pece is a bit visually dark. I think it looks good with reduced gamma.
revisions in v1.11:
* Adjusted gamma
* Adjusted one frame
* Adjusted credits
revisions in v1.10:
* Removed two sequential stray frames.
* Digitally removed image of Dorothy from one sequence.
* Digitally removed blood from Roger's arm in one sequence.
* Digitally removed visible dust/dirt from one frame.
* Adjusted fading in one portion of one sequence.
* Adjusted several instances of lip synching.
* Fixed Roger's hair during one sequence.
* Made Roger's lips look better during one sequence.
* Corrected existing interlacing/deinterlacing effects.
* Lengthened the end slightly.
* Added some black space at the end.
[text last updated 1/12/03]
Warning: This video contains fast-moving imagery and repeated bright images flashing at a very fast pace. Do not watch this video if you are prone to seizures or similar disorders.