- Member: Lady Brick
- Studio: MindEclipse Productions
- Title: The Blossom's Lament
- Premiered: 2001-09-03
- Character Profile
- Goo Goo Dolls Iris
- Anime Boston 2003, Anime Boston 2003 (2003-04-18)
Updated 4/25/04 - Remastered version from Anime Boston 03 AMV competition (yeah, took a year for me to get it encoded...) A few tweaks here and there. I'm much happier with this version than the original, though most people won't see much of a difference ^^;;
This is my first music video, so judge it as someone's first attempt to do the best damn job possible. I'm very proud of this video, especially after struggling through learning Premire. I mostly focused on story and timing and let the rest fall into place. It represents about two weeks of work.
This video is a retelling of the story of the Sailor Moon R movie (the first anime I ever saw in Japanese/subbed) with one significant difference from the movie. The only characters focused on are Fiore, Mamoru, and Usagi, with the Kesinian in a supporting role. This is not a Sailor Senshi video, and don't expect to see any of them aside from Sailor Moon. This video is primarily Fiore's perspective of the events. It tends more towards the emotional, but there is also a good bit of action.
I know I may get some slack for using "Iris" even though it has already been used for several videos, but I find it justifiable for the following reasons:
1) Fiore's relationship with Mamoru hovers in the gray area between friendship and love, and is never clearly defined in the movie as being one or the other. "Iris" fits either situation wonderfully, as it clearly speaks of a deep relationship, but never indicates romantic love directly.
2) The progression of the song, especially the large instrumental section, ties in perfectly with the progression of the movie. Likewise, the oft-repeated phrase "I just want you to know who I am" fits for Fiore's feelings for Mamoru early on, and Usagi's struggles with Fiore towards the end.
3) Iris. The Blossom's Lament. Kesinian. Tux's roses. See a trend?
Anyway, I feel the video works well. I hope everyone enjoys watching it as much as I enjoyed making it ^^