- Member: Castor Troy
- Studio: Random Destination Studios
- Title: Dragonball Evolution: The AMV Based On The Movie
- Premiered: 2010-05-15
- Ayumi Hamasaki rule
Dragonball Evolution. The movie we were all dreading.
But I knew I had to see it. The DBZ fan in me wanted to see how bad it was going to turn out. A few weeks before the movie premiered, I watched "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li", hoping it would be bad, but good like the 1994 Van Damme movie. Sadly it was a pile of absolute shit.
After I came out of the theater from watching Dragonball Evolution, I knew it was a terrible movie in almost every aspect, but I came out feeling a bit satisfied since I already had low expectations and it at least provided me entertainment unlike The Legend of Chun Li.
When I heard Ayumi Hamasaki was doing the ending song, I knew I had to make a video to it. My original idea was just going to be a Piccolo Daimao arc based video, but after watching the movie, I decided to a live action parallel video like Meri's Memory video which incorporated both the Sailor Moon anime and live action show.
- I was pleasantly surprised how many parallels I was able to find between both DB Evolution and the actual series. Even though so many aspects of the movie were terrible, the filmmakers at least did their homework a bit.
- Some of the DB footage has field order problems. I know how to fix it now, but I wish I knew how to back then.
- Most editors who work with Ayumi Hamasaki songs know much of a sync whore she is. While I hit the majority of the beats, I left a few out for the sake of coherence so the video wouldn't be a sync mess.
I really enjoyed making this video and had fun working with the original DB (not Z) and Evolution itself. It's still a pretty terrible movie, but at least I found it entertaining enough to make the video.