- Member: drewaconclusion
- Studio: "It's a Trap!" Productions
- Title: Return of the Japanese Idiot
- Premiered: 2008-12-10
- Green Day American Idiot
This video is a remake of Japanese Idiot, one of my first videos. Originally, I was just going to do a remaster of Japanese Idiot, but as I was finishing that up, I felt that I could've done a better job on it. So I set out to remake it.
I wanted to keep the remake pretty faithful to the concept of the original: basically to show off the zaniness of 2x2 = Shinobuden. Not a particularly mind-bending concept, but at the time I didn't really see many 2x2 = Shinobuden amv's and thought it should get some more attention, so I went for it. The song choice came around from the idea that a song about being an "idiot" (loosely anyhow) would be fitting for 2x2 = Shinobuden; so I chose Green Day's "American Idiot" (even though now it's extremely overused).
The video itself is more of a random humor/slapstick video with a good amount of fanservice thrown in there. I think the editing was best described by Rider4Z as "the abrupt 'keep you awake' vibe". That's about all I can think of at the moment to say about the video itself.
1st Place Comedy @ Phoenix Comicon '09
2nd Place @ 4th Annual CBR Fanservice Contest
I'd also like to thank Jesmaster, Rider4Z, and meleechampion for taking a look at the video before I finished it.
On a more technical note, for there being only 3 episodes on a disc; the dvd compression was pretty bad. In certain scenes, the black edges on characters would suffer from jaggies and such. Then after running the .vob's through telecide, on each frame following an interlaced frame, there would be an orange ghost image overlaid on top of the current frame. Afterwards, I noticed that you could see both problems above if you paused the dvd while watching it on a 360. Anyhow, both problems were quite noticeable when watching early renders of the video, so I went back and re-deinterlaced the footage using FieldDeinterlace. That got rid of the orange ghost images, but left some of the frames a little jagged. I fixed that the best I knew how using various filters, etc. and I don't think it's super-noticeable in the final version here; but to get to the point, if anyone has any good suggestions for the future on how to fix such problems, I'm all ears. However, I doubt I'm going to go back and fix the entire thing just for that (I don't think it's noticeable enough to warrant it).