- Member: Ingow
- Studio: Celestial Moonlight Productions
- Title: Kids Got Shadows In Their Eyes
- Premiered: 2008-10-29
- Character Profile
- Dont Look Back Dark Mobson
...with your eyes alone.
Sorry for not letting anyone beta test this and leaving all of those nasty masking mistakes in there but I just can't see this video anymore, at least not on a working basis. It needs to get out there and I'm tired of nitpicking at 7 minutes of exact timeline beat sync and I just wanna get to the next project. I have no idea how people will react to this so I'm kinda excited about whether I'll be getting mostly negative or mostly positive feedback on this kind of a style.
PLEASE DON'T TURN IT OFF AFTER THE FIRST FEW SECONDS BECAUSE OF BAD VIDEO QUALITY, THOSE FIRST SCENES ARE THE ONLY BAD ONES THAT I JUST COULDN'T ENCODE RIGHT SINCE I WANTED A SMALL FILESIZE FOR THE VIEWERS. AS A SOLO PROJECT AND NOT BEING A MEP IT JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT TO UP A 170MB VERSION. (Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, with the normal h264 settings I use for all my other videos the HQ Version was 390mb big).
I gotta say that technology was my worst enemy in the whole process of making this video. Vegas didn't want to export 7 minutes of tv static and cutout effects from start to finish so I actually had to split up the export process, which I know is nothing unusual for the pros on the org but it never happened to me before. The song's .wav file kinda sounded all messed up, the mp3 file just didn't want to let itself being converted into a different format without severe quality loss. So I just put the song in there as it is, never happened to me before either. And then in the end due to the really harsh static effects at the beginning, especially when the overlays start, no matter what I did I couldn't get this file converted as small as I wanted it to be. I was originally aiming for ~60/70mb, but my PC just can't handle the insane zarxgui settings and I ended up with this online version. It's not the best of course, but I think the atmosphere of the video still works fine.
Which is another point, I am aware of the fact that I didn't work as hard on detailed masks as I probably should have to meet the org standard of things, and as a lazy bastard I just used chroma key all over the place. Some things still look totally wrong and all...but I just needed to finish this project to put it away, syncing all of those beats is something I'm just not used to anymore. And you know me, I'm not the patient type.