- Member: Castor Troy
- Studio: Random Destination Studios
- Title: Go the distance
- Premiered: 2008-05-16
- Character Profile
- Bill Conti Gonna fly now (John X Remix)
- Anime Central 2008, Anime Central 2008 AMV Contest (2008-05-16)
- Anime Expo 2008, Anime Expo 2008 - Anime Music Video Contest (2008-07-03)
- Otakon, Otakon AMV Contest (2008-08-08)
- Animethon 15, Animethon 15's AMV Contest (2008-09-08)
- Nan Desu Kan, NDK Anime Music Video Contest (2008-09-12)
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 14, AWA 14 Exposition Contest (2008-09-19)
My first video under the RDS name.
This is a tribute to the Rocky series using Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit).
I always wanted to make a live action Rocky video. When Rocky Balboa finally came out to DVD in spring of 07', I would finally have all the footage I needed to make a video. Sadly I couldn't really think of an idea that I liked very much. I also had plans to do an individual Ippo video. It was originally gonna be a simple Ippo video to the original Gonna fly now, but I couldn't really think of a way to put it together. After much thought, I decided... why not combine the two video ideas together?
I thought the John X remix of Gonna Fly Now on the Rocky Balboa soundtrack sounded much more vibrant and energetic as opposed to the original theme (don't get me wrong, it's a great theme, but the John X remix sounded better for the idea I had in mind). The actual term in the movies is "Going the Distance", but I went with "Go the distance" instead as it sounded a little better for some reason.
The video's a simple tribute to the Rocky films and there's really no story involved as opposed to my past crossover videos.
- Most of the cuts in the video are simple straight cuts in order to match the feel of the Rocky training montages. I think I used less than 5 fades in the entire video.
- There's something from all 6 Rocky films in the video. See if you can spot them all!
- I don't fully consider this a crossover video like my past ones since there's no story involved. There's alot of crossover elements, but I don't consider it a full crossover.
- The last part of the video was obviously the most difficult to do. I don't think it's "Who framed Roger Rabbit" quality, so I hope I did an ok job...
- I don't hate Rocky 5 :P
Awards and other showings:
- Best of Show Anime Central (ACen) 2008
- Shown during the Anime Expo 2008 AMV contest seating
- Shown at Otakon 2008's overflow
- Best Upbeat/Fun Animethon 15
- Best Tribute AWA 14
YO ADRIAN, I DID IT!