- Member: Castor Troy
- Title: The Warriors
- Premiered: 2006-03-03
- Barry De Vorzon Baseball Furies Chase
- Barry De Vorzon The Fight
- Barry De Vorzon Theme from The Warriors
- Otakon, Otakon AMV Contest (2006-08-04)
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 12, AWA 12 EXPOSITION CONTEST (2006-09-22)
A trailer parody of the 1979 cult classic movie - The Warriors
Call me a late bloomer, but I didn't know anything about The Warriors until 2005. We were at Machine's apartment at Ushicon 2005 and we were all deciding on a movie to watch. mexicanjunior suggested that we all watch The Warriors so we all agreed on that. All I really remember from watching it at Ushicon 2005 was mexicanjunior and dwchang imitating most of lines from the movie in a comical fashion along with alot of heckling from HypeO and the BCP. After the movie was over, I wasn't really sure what to think of it and decided it was "meh". So I just forgot about it over time.
Later that year, Rockstar Games (of GTA fame) released The Warriors game for the PS2 and Xbox. I decided to give it a rental and enjoyed it immensely, finishing the game within 3 days of renting it. I enjoyed the game so much that I desperately wanted to see the movie again so I ordered the Ultimate Director's Cut of the movie and the soundtrack since I was inspired by the game to finally attempt a trailer.
This is not a parody of the original trailer, this is a custom made trailer with parts of the soundtrack and sound clips of the movie. I wanted to make a more modern type trailer as opposed to the old campy one (which I would probably have a tougher time finding footage for). My trailer tries to tell the basic story of the movie. I decided on Akira for the biker gangs and it's gritty post-future setting which was kind of similar to the late 70's look of The Warriors. Most of all because I thought the prophet dude from Akira would make a great Cyrus :P
Prophet Dude - Cyrus
Kaneda - Swan
The General Guy - Masai (2nd in command of the Riffs)
Guy with bomb - Orphans Leader
Gang member with tie - Rembrant
Tetsuo - Luther
- My first attempt at a trailer parody, I hope it didn't turn out too bad...
- Anyone who's worked with Akira with a similar concept should know this: Akira is a BITCH to lipsync.
- I know The Warriors doesn't have motorcycles but since I was using Akira, I had to compromise.
- I was gonna have Yamagata as Ajax and Kei as Mercy but there wasn't enough room in the video. I could have made room but their lines would have ruined the flow a bit, at least in my opinion.
- You would have to be a fan of the movie to understand most of the in-jokes.
Big thanks to Mindwarp Entertainment, HypeO, BCP, dwchang and especially mexicanjunior for introducing me to this movie.
Can you dig it?
- Fan Parodies