- Member: jubjub2
- Studio: JubJub2
- Title: She's Got a Way - Ghibli Girls
- Premiered: 2006-01-12
- Character Profile
- Billy Joel She's Got a Way
- Sakura-Con 2006 AMV/OVA Contest, Sakura-Con 2006 AMV/OVA Contest (2006-03-24)
- AniZona, AniZona AMV Contest (2006-04-14)
- Mini-Con V, Mini-Con V AMV Contest (2006-06-03)
- A-Kon 17, A-Kon 17 Experts Anime Music Video Contest (2006-06-09)
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 12, AWA 12 EXPOSITION CONTEST (2006-09-22)
- MAniFest 2006, MAniFest AMV Competition (2006-09-23)
- Oni-con, Rules (2006-10-20)
I started this after I made my clip for the Valentine's MEP. I stared at the Ghibli set, and thought, "I should just do a whole video to this song..." So, I did. And the clip is still going in the MEP. ;)
Nothing fast or furious, but this is a warm, happy, fuzzy-feeling video. I hope you enjoy it!
Just a couple of notes about the song...
First, I love it.
Second, you can read a lot into the lyrics. I have heard this song dedicated to mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, grandmothers, etc. It's a beautiful song that really can be seen in many different lights, not just the romantic love angle. If there's a woman in your life that you cherish, the song fits.
Third, I included Grave of the Fireflies because of the deep relationship that the children have in such a harsh reality. She really is his reason for living and brings light and joy into his life during bleak times. At least, that's how I felt about the lyrics...
(One of these days I'll do a video with a bassline....)
Thanks to JudgeHolden, aielI_Ileia, JaddziaDax and jade_eyed_angel for their comments and beta views!
Virtual Dub Mod
This one's for my nephew, Brian.
Best Romance - Anizona 2006
Best of Show - Experts Anime Music Video Contest - A-Kon 17