- User Name: acomalas
- Member Since: Monday, February 19, 2001, 2:46 PM
- Studio: The Flying Cracker
- Location: VA, USA
- Last Login: 2015-08-15 01:16:25
- Forum Info: Profile Posts (5)
- Usefulness: 189.5 with
[average 119.7 of 231319 opinions; standard deviation 432.6 ]
- Profile: WELL, life's a bit more stable now, been working on three new videos for the last year so I'm overhauling the old AMV page.
I've been thinking a bit about what it is I actually do when making music videos. Nearest thing I've come up with is that I'm encapsulating some aspect of the show itself. It takes a long time to watch a full series, but if you put the best of the story and the action into a five minute video you can relive it at any time. That's why almost all my videos contain a visible thread of the original story, and why my editing is rather pragmatic instead of showy. The goal of my editing is for the song and the show to mesh in a meaningful way, once that's accomplished anything extra just steals the focus away and puts it on myself instead of the video.
On the other hand, it takes a lot of creativity and talent to rework the source into something completely new. I'm amazed at some of the things I've seen people do with Premiere. It's just not what I enjoy doing when I set out to create a video.