- User Name: Dark Lord of Debate
- Member Since: Tuesday, November 23, 2004, 8:58 PM
- Name: Patrick McKay
- Studio: Paragon Productions
- Location: Parker, Colorado, United States
- Homepage: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkLordofDebate
- Last Login: 2014-08-19 01:10:23
- Forum Info: Profile Posts (85)
- Usefulness: 146 with
[average 119.7 of 231298 opinions; standard deviation 432.6 ]
- Profile: My passion for video editing first started in the spring of 2004 when on a whim I used Windows Movie Maker to cut together a few video clips I had taken at the Colorado state NCFCA homeschool speech and debate tournament the previous week into a short music video using a song I had ripped from an auto racing video I found online. When I posted the video on a message board for homeschool debaters, it met with an overwhelmingly positive reaction, and I was convinced to continue making music videos of future speech and debate tournaments. Such began the hobby that was to earn me a national reputation for my debate music videos, of which I have made seven to date.
In the fall of 2004, I first discovered the phenomenon of Anime Music Videos, or AMV's. After being introduced to these videos, I came to appreciate music videos not just as a fun hobby, but a powerful art form that combines both visual art and music to appeal directly to the two most powerful human senses--sight and hearing.
Needless to say, I was hooked. I made my first AMV in early 2005, using video clips from Final Fantasy VIII--a video game from a series that, even though I have never played, am quite a fan of thanks to many different AMV's I've watched of the various games in the series. I have been making Final Fantasy music videos ever since.